Bad Tempered Jr.....processed...interesting find

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Miss M... once we have denuded the landscape of deciduous trees, we move on to evergreens... :twisted:

Cocci + eggs die at 80°C so torching should kill them as well :)
And Virkon S is used over here in our wooden hutches, also effective. I believe Virkon can be found across the sea, I find it expencive but I'll be forced to use it anyhow...

MamaSheepdog":3mkjnjok said:
Yes, Miss M... once we have denuded the landscape of deciduous trees, we move on to evergreens... :twisted:
:rotfl:

Zab":3mkjnjok said:
Cocci + eggs die at 80°C so torching should kill them as well :)
Okay, I hadn't looked it up (I did for E. cuniculi, but never did for cocci)! Thanks!

Miss M":1jog2b8g said:
MamaSheepdog":1jog2b8g said:
(willow, hazelnut, oak, ash, fruit trees, eventually pines)

"eventually pines"?
Miss M":1jog2b8g said:
MamaSheepdog wrote:

:rotfl:

I thought you'd like that. :D

Just for the record; that is THEIR typo, not mine! :cool:

So pine branches are okay to feed to rabbits....well I guess people give them pine cones to play with so that makes sense.

Would a bull pine be okay or is it a specific type of pine?

I was wrong.. Cocci doesn't die at 80°C but at 55-60°C :)
Also hates dry, warm weather but can survive for at least a year without any rabbits or other things to keep it alive - unless of course it gets coated with ammonia, VirkonS or heated to 60+°C. They handle freezing pretty well so I guess hoping for a cold witer won't help me..

(I'm going to torch my colony floor, wash with Virkon and invest in a heavy duty PVC tarp as flooring, with bedding over. That should last a while at least and allw for Virkon or ammonia to disinfect if needed in the future)

Sorry for hijacking the thread. I blame it on bloodloss ;) (just gotten 8 tubes of blood viciously stolen from me at the hospital as they test for everythingg they can think of)

MamaSheepdog":fvdjobn8 said:

This is why I love this site.

Otherwise? Good luck with your cleaning and other buns, Peach.

Cspr":2dh26qkv said:
MamaSheepdog":2dh26qkv said:

This is why I love this site.

Oooh! :bouncy:

Another fan of deforestation! :choptree:

Back