ARBA Youth Showmanship- What do they have to do?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraNJ

Reaction score
We are going to our first rabbit show on Sept 15, my 11 yr old wants to show one of the rabbits in the youth division. I am experienced with dog shows, Jr Handling and we have been watching various videos of kids practicing. I found this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ey-nSH8 ... re=related

and am wondering if all the arba shows handle the youth part the same way?

How do the kids know when to go up to the table with their rabbit?

Are they told to start or once they are up there in front of the judge, they need to introduce themself and begin?

From what I am seeing, the kids need to be able to go over the whole rabbit, showing various things without much guidance from the Judge, is this correct?

I pulled up the Judging page for youth so I see where the kids are scored various points for different things but just wanted to confirm how things are done.

My son will be using the mini rex doe that the breeder's daughter did showmanship with. She is a 1 yr old, easy going, used to handling and very sweet bunny.

Thanks for the help!

Have him handle the Rabbit for at least 15 minutes
two or three times per day for a few weeks prior to the judging.
Have him run through all of the things the Judge will be asking him to demonstrate.
Know the breed and all of the parts of the rabbit. Check the straightness of tail,
Nails and color, teeth etc. Also check for any possible contusions on the belly.
Anything that he can add which shows his knowledge may be the plus
that sets him above the rest. Be confident and do not lose your cool.
Best of luck!
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

Latest posts

Back