ARBA convention

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevonW

Reaction score
It's in Minnesota...in November. Yep November, November 7-11 to be exact. Does anyone know how cold it gets in... November? In Minnesota?!

If I wasn't working outdoors on the water in the freezing cold here. I'd be seriously afraid.

Ah well I forsee a new winter coat and boots in my immediate future.

Generally it's not that cold in Minneapolis in early November. We usually get a little snow late October, but you can probably count on 60ish in the day, 30ish at night. And 72F inside the hotel :D
I just looked at the 10 day out forcast..looking at 50ish days, with sun, 35ish nights for November 1. Shouldn't be much different a week later. November IS the month for rain here, tho.

You can all guarantee yourselves of at least one thing. If there were absolutely any way I could be there, I WOULD be there.

At any rate, and this is directed at whomever is going to the convention, please be safe in your travels to and fro, and have a great time while you're there.

Any ideas of where the national convention is being held in 2011?

I also heard Indianapolis, Indiana from October 29th ~ November 2nd, 2011. Its a little bit closer to me than this year, but still quite a haul.

I am not going this year, but I have purchased new stock that will be shown at convention, so I am curious to see how that goes. I would love to go to convention sometime. :)

Lauren

I'm going, it's about an 18 hour drive for us. I'm not showing anything or buying, mainly because my breed just got a COD and the only Bruns available there are way to closely related to my own stock because they're out of the rabbits we sent at MR Nationals earlier this year.

Indianapolis is about the same for me as Minneapolis, but the timeframe is much better for me. Much easier for me to get time off in late October than in mid-November.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D-YfchlH-8&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

This is a video from last years convention :D

Awesome video! Looks like everyone had a lot of fun, too! :)

Lauren<br /><br />__________ Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:37 pm __________<br /><br />I can't wait to see the results for everything! I keep hearing snippets here and there on forums, but I have no idea how my five did (or their breeds for that matter) and I really want to hear about the COD presentations, etc. I guess I'll know soon enough, but the wait- argh! :)

Lauren

Is it the 29th - 2nd for sure for 2011? I am trying to finish up the catalog for my clubs Jan show and need the dates to finish.

I heard 2012 will be in Whichita? Confirmed yet?

Trying to convince my hubby to go. He said if I ever put a rabbit on a plane and flew for a "show" he would divorce me - lol. He did say so long as it's not more then 3 states away. Technically Kansas would be 4 states away but I think I can convince him that he said "3 states in between" - lol. I liked it being in Cali, it was 4 hour drive.

Woohoo! I was slow on getting results back but I just found out my mentor won BOB with her Thrianta Sr. Buck, Red Rum. BOS went to well-known breeder/judge Glen Carr! This was this buck's first show, I am so excited for her! I am even more excited to have the first and only daughter of this guy in my barn. :) Little Elora has quite a pair of shoes to fill!

That's great Rachel! :)

I'm very excited - off to get my five convention bunnies in just a few minutes! Seems like forever.. though I guess it has been a really long time considering I found the first one in June and it is now November, lol.

Lauren

Latest posts

Back