Anyone going to the Stockton, California show?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahMelisse

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'm going! :bunnyhop: If anyone knows of any French Angoras or English Angoras going to the show, let me know. I have a friend who is looking ;)

I hear a lady named Margaret Chu might sell her a couple. Of course, her asking price usually starts in the range of $1,500 per rabbit. ;)

SatinsRule":3ecs45qc said:
I hear a lady named Margaret Chu might sell her a couple. Of course, her asking price usually starts in the range of $1,500 per rabbit. ;)

Ha! I'm pretty sure my friend won't pay that. If you think about it... that is an absolutely crazy price. I on the other hand will be keeping an eyeball out for a French Angora buck.

The Stockton show is February 2nd (8am-2pm I think).

My friend thinks she might look into Satins now and not Satin Angoras. I think this show will do her some good in seeing many breeds in person all at once. So we'll see. I'll just be looking for a French Angora buck, but I hear the angora guild (club?) will be there so I'm staying optimistic. I have no desire to show myself, but its my best chance to find what I need.

Yes the show will do your crazy friend some good in making up her mind! Lol. In doing my hours of research I read that a satin angora is just a satin and a French angora bred together. That's where the idea for just getting the satin came in I already have a French angora buck as you know. If I got a red Satin and bred it to Casper then I am hoping for my red satin angora. That's my theory anyway. I will probably find out that I am wrong that's one of the bad things about websites and getting information via Internet The information does not have to be accurate to be on the Internet. Really excited about going to the show. And you are correct I would not pay that much for ANY rabbit! I am not into showing this is simply a small effort at self sustainability and providing food and clothing for my family from my rabbits. If I sell a few in the process that's great.

Yay! You joined! You joined the rabbit cult... I mean forum. Just kidding! Saturday should be fun and I can't wait to see if a French Angora + a Satin = Satin Angora rabbits. I have read the same thing so it should prove interesting as to whether it works or not.<br /><br />__________ Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:16 pm __________<br /><br />Wow. What a disappointment. The show was about 99% mini lops and mini Rex. Not much of anything else there and couldn't find a French angora buck for sale. BUT I did find a breeder who would bring what I really wanted (self chocolate buck) to the Turlock show in 3 weeks. So there's my silver-lining I guess.

SarahMelisse":1cqv3iwh said:
Wow. What a disappointment. The show was about 99% mini lops and mini Rex. Not much of anything else ...
I was actually excited that There were about 30 Standard Rex & I wasn't the ONLY standard Rex breeder there. There were about 7 of us, unlike the shows that I have been @ where I was one of only ONE or TWO Rex breeders. My castor buck took BOSB :)
The next best thing was that I sold him to a 4Her who wants to breed a meat pen for her fair. I love sharing my good stuff with them.

Not sure what I'll be taking to Turlock but I'm looking forward to meeting the MSD family there :p

caroline":10gwueck said:
SarahMelisse":10gwueck said:
Wow. What a disappointment. The show was about 99% mini lops and mini Rex. Not much of anything else ...
I was actually excited that There were about 30 Standard Rex & I wasn't the ONLY standard Rex breeder there. There were about 7 of us, unlike the shows that I have been @ where I was one of only ONE or TWO Rex breeders. My castor buck took BOSB :)
The next best thing was that I sold him to a 4Her who wants to breed a meat pen for her fair. I love sharing my good stuff with them.

Not sure what I'll be taking to Turlock but I'm looking forward to meeting the MSD family there :p

Congrats on the BOSB! Don't get me wrong... I was drooling all over those gorgeous Rex coats. I guess I was just looking for more variety in breeds. I wish I had known you were going, I would have come over and said hi! I'm going to the Turlock show to pick up a specific buck (if I don't get to him earlier) from a breeder I met at this show so maybe I'll see you there. :D

__________ Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 pm __________

And maybe I'll see MSD too?<br /><br />__________ Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:28 pm __________<br /><br />I tried to con my friend into buying some Standard Rex, but she fell for the English Angoras pretty hard. Maybe I did see you and just didnt realize it!

Caroline, congrats on the BOSB! :p That is wonderful! :D

I can't wait for the Turlock show. :D We will be driving in on Friday and staying until the show closes on Sunday. It will be just myself and my daughter and youngest son- Firstpup and Hubs will be home guarding the fort and feeding the critters.

I was excited enough to be meeting Caroline there, but it will be extra special to meet another member there too! What day or days are you planning on attending, SarahMelisse?

Just Saturday to hopefully pick up a breeding buck.... and to drool over the Rex and Creme d'Argents of course.<br /><br />__________ Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:47 pm __________<br /><br />I wish we had RabbitTalk buttons or something to wear to identify each other at shows!

SarahMelisse":2pkcmrv0 said:
Just Saturday to hopefully pick up a breeding buck.... and to drool over the Rex and Creme d'Argents of course.

__________ Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:47 pm __________

I wish we had RabbitTalk buttons or something to wear to identify each other at shows!

You could order a Tshirt from Vista print that says "I {heart} RabbitTalk"....:) I don't think they cost very much...

RT Shirt.jpg

Latest posts

Back