Anyone ever try???

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beach Bunny

Reaction score
Crate fans on outdoor hutches.I've seen them in pet supply catalogs and wonder if it's a good idea with the impending summer heat.They run on bateries too.

i have not heard of those but i was toying with the idea of getting small solar panels for the hutch roof.

I got a small battery operated crate fan for my shelties when we go to dog shows. I have to say it sucked! Didnt move enough air to keep them cool, and the batteries dont last too long. Oh and the motor plugs easily with fur. We just ended up using box fans for them.

I actually have 4 battery operated crate fans. two D cell batteries power the fans on 'high' for 72 hours My fans also have adapters available for AC outlets.
Mine work fine, they do move enough air to keep me happy-- got them from UPCO
Since there is an outdoor outlet where I have my cages right now, I will be buying a larger box fan for the rabbits-- simply because batteries are more expensive.

Box fans can be bungee corded to cages or crates and work well. Not battery operated but an extension cord could solve that problem.

That is what I did I got 3 box fans and just hung them up to the side of the cage. I used a extension cord and I un plug them at night. The rabbits seem to like them. So it works for me.

Now, remember, as RabbitGeek will tell you-- keep those fan blades CLEAN!! A clean fan is more efficient- both in its consumption of electricity and in its work capacity.(more CFM moved)

Back