Another new girl, name suggestions?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonladyleanne

Reaction score
I had 2 smallish white does (about 6 pounds) who were named Ivory and Crystal, who I traded today for a larger agouti doe. I am going to breed her to my Champagne buck once she is out of quarantine, so right now, just trying to name her. The folks I got her from called her Thumper, and had thought she was a he! They also had no idea of her age or breed. I haven't weighed her yet, but based on armful judgement, I'd say she's about 8 pounds. The buck's name is D'Artagnan, my 3/4 Champagne doe is named Quartz, my Angora cross doe is named Ginger, and the NZW pair are Bianca and Jaeger (Bianca = white, and Jaeger both means Hunter, plus is a play on Bianca Jagger, Mick's wife). So, I base names on colors, stones, spices, but all goes back to looks, mostly. So, names thought of so far:

She looks like granite, so Grainne, for the similar sound, or Mica, because granite is made of Quartz, Feldspar and Mica.
In spices, she looks of course like Pepper.

Attachments

• NewDoeCloseup.jpg
    NewDoeCloseup.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 261
  • NewDoe.jpg
    NewDoe.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 261
She looks grey in the photos, could she be a chinchilla?

My AmChins are named after precious metals - Platnum, Sterling, Silver, Pewter, Titanium, Iron Lady :)

If she is a chestnut how about Nutmeg, Spice or Clover (cloves)

Dood":3qpigf16 said:
She looks grey in the photos, could she be a chinchilla?

My AmChins are named after precious metals - Platnum, Sterling, Silver, Pewter, Titanium, Iron Lady :)

If she is a chestnut how about Nutmeg, Spice or Clover (cloves)

Hmmmm, she is definitely not brown, but yes, I looked at "typical" breed examples, and she did resemble Chinchilla, unless she is much younger than I thought and is a Flemish Giant (I rather hope not, they are TOO big IMO). Spice could still work, though it doesn't jump out at me. I could go with the Spice Girls, since I already have Ginger, and call her Posh, LOL! Iron Rabbit is the name of a character in a story idea of my husband's, so he might go for naming her that - heh, though I hope she doesn't become a crime-fighting Chinese acrobat!

:popcorn: More ideas to ponder, and a lot boils down to what she responds to!

Miss M":19pevv0n said:
Faline -- the shape of her face reminds me of Bambi's girlfriend. :)
Totally perfect! :p
Bunny-wan Kenobi can't get our bunny Squeak out of his head when he looks at yours. They are almost identical! :bunnyhop:

She looks like granite, so Grainne, for the similar sound, or Mica, because granite is made of Quartz, Feldspar and Mica.

On the mineral side of things...what about Gneiss (pronounced "nice," rhymes with English "mice")?

Well, I tried Faline, and Mica (which my renter AND husband both like), got not a twitch from her. Yesterday she sort of jumped at me with her front paws going "whuff", because I paused my hand to let her sniff it after giving her BOSS, and I think she got territorial, so I almost went with Grainne. The first time I saw that name, the character said kids learned how to pronounce it by teasing her with, "Grainne, Grainne, she'll jump ON ya"! But I don't WANT her to jump on me! LOL

So out of the murky depths of my mind today, I suddenly remembered the name Líadán. It's Irish for "Grey Lady", and is pronounced LEE dawn, sort of. She didn't exactly come over all wiggles when I said the name, but she tilted her head as if listening closely, and then batted her eyelashes at me. So I think that's her name!

Next up for naming, this cute little bugger I am picking up Friday:
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 4849_n.jpg He's going to eventually be mated with Ginger.

dragonladyleanne":eg7oabnx said:
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 4849_n.jpg He's going to eventually be mated with Ginger.

ACK! He is TOO cute.

I hereby FORBID you to post pictures of him. It could be dangerous, and incite Woolyitis in too many of our unsuspecting members, myself first and foremost.

So.

No pics.

Got it?

MamaSheepdog":g2tt1h68 said:
dragonladyleanne":g2tt1h68 said:

ACK! He is TOO cute.

I hereby FORBID you to post pictures of him. It could be dangerous, and incite Woolyitis in too many of our unsuspecting members, myself first and foremost.

So.

No pics.

Got it?

But, but, but . . . I can't help it, I gots a DISEASE!! Plus I am told he likes to LICK!!

:zombiebun:

Don't make me repeat myself, DLL. :nono:

Fotografien verboten! :hitler:

Und ve vill not speak of bunny kisses either! :angry:

Oh-oh. It is clear that MSD feels an attack of Rabbitosis Acquirosis coming on.

Breathe through your nose, MSD! And stop reading this thread until you have control of yourself! :rotfl: :rotfl:

MaggieJ":1auzu8g7 said:

NONSENSE! I am being selfless, and trying to save our other members the pain of Woolyitis Wantosis!

It has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with me being smitten by fuzzy, possibly Vienna marked wabbits.

MaggieJ":1auzu8g7 said:
Breathe through your nose, MSD!

I have a nose?!?

MamaSheepdog":33thpcja said:
MaggieJ":33thpcja said:

NONSENSE! I am being selfless, and trying to save our other members the pain of Woolyitis Wantosis!

It has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with me being smitten by fuzzy, possibly Vienna marked wabbits.

MaggieJ":33thpcja said:
Breathe through your nose, MSD!

I have a nose?!?

*Hands MamaSheepDog a Benadryl for her nose*

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

*Hands MamaSheepDog a fuzzy bunny*

:p

Back