An interesting turn of events

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeaTimeBunnies

Reaction score
Okay, story time!! I love animals (duh) and in highschool I joined the FFA, convinced my mom to let me get chickens (now she is hooked on the cooky birds), and fell in love with farming and being outdoors. Well I moved off to college to get s degree in farm and ranch management. I couldn't bring my chickens, or get any other general livestock. I quickly fell into a slum only having a few cats, and nothing to do outdoors. It broke my fiance's heart seeing me that way, so he got me a dog. She is a boxador ( Boxer crossed with Labrador). She lifted my spirits, but I still wasn't quite right not having any livestock, so I scoured the city ordinances. Long list if livestock that I couldn't have..... nothing said about rabbits. I looked further, still nothing said about rabbits. They aren't considered a livestock here. So I set off to get some rabbits. I found a wonderful rabbitry, pedigreed rabbits, and gained a friend with the rabbitry owner. She stared telling me about dog attacks on her rabbits, and I started remembering the dog attacks on my chickens. I started getting nervous for my rabbits safety with my high energy large dog. The dog is still a puppy so I set off on "rabbit Training" her. She loved my rabbits right away. She refused to touch them out of fear of hurting them, but she loves them so much anyway. She loves watching them romp and play, and hates when she doesn't know what we are doing with them (she closely follows and watches us). She also gets protective when she sees someone she doesn't know come around. She is always close by when the kids come to see "her" rabbits and will go absolutely nuts if someone gets too close to the yard without us being outside. Who knew I'd end up with a dog that loves bunnies SO much. Has anyone else had such a surprising turn of events? <br /><br /> __________ Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:25 am __________ <br /><br /> Here is my lovely, yet odd bunny guard. Her name is Lola

Attachments

• _20170525_115954.JPG
    _20170525_115954.JPG
    500.5 KB · Views: 729
In fact I have two. Sam our tomcat, ( that sleeps with my Flemish Giants) and Blytz, our 180# Saint Bernard. Nobody messes with our bunnies. :lol:

But...we have rules here ya know. Where are the pictures of you rabbits :?:

Here's a few of ours...Just got a B.O.S. with one this weekend. :)

BD54-d.jpg

Animals will do the darndest things. I have pictures of my bunnies in a Breeds Discussion form called (Old) English Spots. Here is my best girl though, she is still only 3 months, but I can't wait to breed her when she is older​. She is my sweetest bunny, comes right up to anyone who opens her hutch, and has the best pattern <br /><br /> __________ Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:28 am __________ <br /><br /> Here is my other doe, and her boy that we are keeping for me to try some test breeding with. His sister is being sold within a week so I'm not going to add her picture, and I currently don't have a picture of my breeding buck

Attachments

• _20170524_113034.JPG
    _20170524_113034.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 715
  • IMG_20170604_102434.jpg
    IMG_20170604_102434.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 689
  • _20170524_120539.JPG
    _20170524_120539.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 689
Good looking buns ya have there Tea Time. Thanks! ;)
The picture police will now move on. :p

I won't hijack your thread with the several hundred pics of mine. Digi cameras are great but...I tend to get a little bit carried away. :oops:

Latest posts

Back