Amber and Lynx coloration in Rex

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lidtfedtkanin

Reaction score
In rex rabbits is the genetic combo for amber (chocolate agouti) A_bbC_D_E_ and the combo for Lynx (lilac agouti) A_bbC_ddE_? And if this is the case why does the lynx not have three distinct bands like the other agouti color combinations? Or am I completely misunderstanding what amber and lynx are?

Thank you for any clarification you can offer.

In rex rabbits is the genetic combo for amber (chocolate agouti) A_bbC_D_E_ and the combo for Lynx (lilac agouti) A_bbC_ddE_? And if this is the case why does the lynx not have three distinct bands like the other agouti color combinations? Or am I completely misunderstanding what amber and lynx are?

This is correct. I'm not sure about the band question. Maybe Dood knows?

I wonder if the lilac tips are just harder to see so there maybe is three bands but they aren't as noticeable..... thanks

I believe Sky's the Limit once pointed out that to match the SOP most Rex that are "Lynx " are actually creams, which is a dilute fawn/red = A_ B_ C_ de ee :shrug:

This would explain why there is a missing band of colour as the non extension gene crowds it out :)

Yup - here's the discussion post226110.html?hilit=%20Lynx#p226110

Apparently "ambers" are often chocolate fawn/red too :mrgreen:

Back