After the pickle...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonelyfarmgirl

Reaction score
I would like to hear about after the pickle. There is an awful lot of talk about the pickle, alum, battery acid, etc... What's next? No one ever seems to specify.

I rinse, drip till nearly dry and begin stretching and working it some each day till the whole thing is soft.

I read somewhere on another forum that if you dont do anything after the acid par that the skins wont last and will eventually fall apart.

I thought I read somewhere that it goes: pickle, de-flesh, pickle, stretch and dry out of sun.

It seems like there are a few ways people do it. I'm taking a workshop on butchering and tanning in two-weeks so I'll know for sure then. I can't wait to get some practice in!

SarahMelisse":cas9g2g6 said:
I'm taking a workshop on butchering and tanning in two-weeks so I'll know for sure then. I can't wait to get some practice in!

Take copious notes! Photos if possible too. :camera: We must have a full and comprehensive report! :p

I think everybody will be eager to hear all about it. Especially if there is a "trick" to the rectum area. I use pruning shears to snip the pelvic bones and tail, but cutting the connective tissue always makes me nervous.

MamaSheepdog":19bbb1kx said:
Take copious notes! Photos if possible too. :camera: We must have a full and comprehensive report!

:yeahthat: YES!!! :clap:

Latest posts

Back