AC shed for summer

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philothea

Reaction score
I am in Texas and since my original plan is too expensive I think I am going to have to build an 8x12 or 10x12 shed and put an AC unit in it for my bucks and a couple of litters that I want to have this summer. I am building this from scratch so I am looking for suggestions of what to include.

Right now will probably have 7' high side walls with a 9-10ft peak and a loft in the back to set some storage and the 5 gal buckets for the watering system. I plan to insulate the walls and roof and then have wall board and probably vinyl tile on the floor. Will be built out of wood. Was looking at the Majestic Shed from Home Depot but it might be cheaper or same cost to have it custom made.

Most likely it will be a triple stack cage setup with pans.

My questions are:

1) Window A/C or portable A/C?
2) I have seen suggestions on vents on the bottom. Does anyone have examples of this? I am concerned about Ammonia smell.
3) What about lights? I would assume windows wouldn't be a good idea due to heat.
4) Exhaust fan? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Im in Texas too and considering building my rabbits an air cooling unit .... thing is , my shed is in place and I cant afford to rebuild it & its not completely enclosed. Its open on one side & the walls are half walls (bottom half open) to allow for air flow.

Rather than try to cool the entire area , Im going to take an ice chest & fan AC unit and plumb a vent to each cage (Only 9 holes) giving each rabbit a cool spot to help regulate their temperature. Here's a video of the basic idea.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3YvF4eVQO0[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back