A step in the right direction, sort of...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guinnessguy

Reaction score
My Dutch doe had a litter on the wire, last week. 6 kits, all cold by the time I got back from work, laying on the wire. She was a maiden doe, 1.5 yrs old, so at least I know she can be bred. She was bred to my dutch buck. I gave her a day off, and then re-bred her to the dutch buck.

Today, my Lionhead doe had 4 on the wire, and 2 in the nestbox. She's been making that nest for 5 straight days, and delivered 2 days early. This was her 5th litter (2nd with me). She was bred to my Dutch buck. If the kits don't make it (although I truly hope they do), she will be bred to my mini-rex buck. If they make it, she'll be bred to the MR buck in 2 weeks.

I have my NZW expecting (2 more days until day 31). She was bred to my dutch buck as well. First time mom, so we'll see how she does.

Good luck with your NZW! I hope everything goes good, and you get healthy active kits in the nest!

Well, there's tons of pulled fur in my NZW cage. It looks like the big girl came through. It's quite windy and chilly here this morning, so I will wait until after work to check the babies. My cages are covered with a tarp, so not much wind gets to the nest.

Depending on how many she had, I just may foster the kits my lionhead had to my NZW, and re-breed the lionhead sooner.

good idea. That's what I would do, if the NZW has a small litter. Good thinking! And good luck!

Counted the NZW/Dutch babies. There's 10 in all, and no dead ones! I think it's too big of a litter to foster 2 additional kits. I'll just wait a couple of weeks and re-breed both of them.

And yes, my dutch buck must be very happy... or tired!

Latest posts

Back