A Loss

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Star

Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been a few months since I have lost been on here, :) But I have to reveal some important news.

Kai has sadly passed away :( She was sick and me and my family presume it was a result of eating mouse poison. Her stomach had gotten hard. But no matter the reason for her death, i'm just devastated. She was the best pet ever and I wouldn't change anything. It's just a depressing start to new year :(

My dad found her in her cage, she had died in her sleep. But I know she isn't suffering anymore. I loved her and still do. <33

Oh no! She was such a pretty little girl. I'm sorry. :(

Long haired rabbits can also get wool block, which is like hairballs in cats. The problem is, rabbits can't vomit so it just builds up in their stomach. Since their stomach feels full, they either stop eating or eat less than normal.

Are you thinking of getting another rabbit?

How awful, finding your beautiful pet rabbit--gone in her cage. :( I have only the one rabbit, Parsley Graybuns, and only since September, but I'd be devastated if anything happened to him.

Hope you can solve the mystery of what caused her death so that no future rabbit succumbs in the same way.

Sympathy and condolences.

MamaSheepdog":unkvjwk0 said:
Oh no! She was such a pretty little girl. I'm sorry. :(

Long haired rabbits can also get wool block, which is like hairballs in cats. The problem is, rabbits can't vomit so it just builds up in their stomach. Since their stomach feels full, they either stop eating or eat less than normal.

Are you thinking of getting another rabbit?

I've heard of wool block, and well yeah, but maybe a few months when i'm a little healed over Kai's death and once the poison in the house is all gone.

Sorry to hear :( loosing a loved pet isn't easy. I still haven't gotten over my pet bun. He was truly a beloved pet. I think of him often and wish I could of done things differently. I tried a show quality Jw but it was like trying to compare apples and oranges. I didn't expect him to be the same but his wool was making it look like I put up holloween decorations in my room and he had a bad habit of spraying often and rubbing the pee guards.After giving him a shot out in the rabbit barn, his will was getting so nasty from humidity I decided to rehome him in a show home that would keep him indoors and happier.

So hopefully when you are ready, no rush and take your time. The best ones go too soon!

Back