a couple of jersey wooly jrs.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindseysWoolies

Reaction score
Lol when they say jersey woolies go through uglies they weren't joking.
8259111053_d66bc01ed6_z.jpg

And then my little chestnut hopeful he is a couple days away from being 8 weeks old. His black sister is living with another breeder/friend. His brother has really bad hindquarters so he is going to a pet home. This is the little guy i am keeping to grow out.
8260181152_263d9b1071_z.jpg

8260180928_2c08653862_z.jpg

a picture of Sweet Pea just for fun. I love this little bunny
8260180646_762ba0de52_z.jpg

I don't think they're ugly - well, maybe the chestnut is a little, but I don't like chestnut anyway - but the smoke pearl is absolutely gorgeous! I love smoke pearl! I could look at her pictures all day!

Awww, those babies aren't ugly.

Love the story of the Ugly duckling turning into the Beautiful Swan. Just look at how beautiful Sweet Pea turned out to be.

I like the chestnut kit as well.

Karen

The little chestnut looks like he has been electrocuted, with his crimpy wool! :lol:

I can't wait to have Wooly babies of my own! :p

I can not have a Jersey Wooly, I can not have a Jersey Wooly! :x
They are ssssooo cute!
Will you guys all cut it out! No more pictures of cute rabbits! :evil:
:lol:

Heritage Homestead":7m6oufks said:
I can not have a Jersey Wooly, I can not have a Jersey Wooly! :x

That's exactly what I kept saying when Lindsey posted pics of her JWs! But... resistance was futile! :eek:

I now have a trio! :lol:

They don't eat very much at all... and you will have all of those empty cages soon... it sure would be nice to have just one wee rabbit to keep up your rabbit husbandry skills over the winter... :mrgreen:

You are not helping! :lol:
There are just a few strickes against it.
One being that my Mom only likes usful animals on the farm and I don't think there is a big market fot JW. And she isn't worried that I will forget anything important over the winter.
Second, I still don't have a winter structure.
Of course one ittie bittie JW wouldn't take up much room like you said... And I could set it up where the hay is stored for the sheep and cow... It keeps the wind out and stays fairly warm...
I am mot coming up with very good excuses am I? :oops:
Mom pointed out for me that at the moment I don't have any empty cages. Mom is good for pulling me back down to earth.
I think it is going to take more than that to cure me though. :x
Just curious how much does a JW eat a day? Just asking (no harm in knowing right?). :mrgreen: And maybe (just so I know) I might go see how close a breeder is...

I knew I should not have opened this thread, I knew it.

Lindsey, you are obviously a good rabbit momma, but you are evil! Evil!

I am still trying to narrow down breeds to raise come spring. I have two set in my head, and BAM! You post these guys. It's like you have radar tuned into my head. Stop it!

*sighs, and admits that she is seriously considering JW as one of the two breeds*

*sighs again, and hopes there are no JW breeders close*

Marinea":2z11j3q7 said:

There should be a warning posted next to Lindsey's name. I have lost count of the number of her victims who have succumbed to Jersey Woolyitis, despite desperate attempts to resist. :roll:

Marinea":20lsfoie said:

Maybe certain post should be locked to people like us that can not help themselves! :lol:

Well, my Mom quickly gave me a "shot" for my JW sickness. She told me firmly that there will be no bunnies staying with the hay. So I am back to having no winter structure and having to wait til spring. :(
I'm afraid though that I can get sick again quite quickly by just looking at some adorable pictures!
This must stop! :x
Seriously though, thanks Lindsey for posting your pictures. I suppose the next best thing to having one is getting to see pictures (sigh). :D

Jersey Woolies and ugly just don't go together. :p

They are looking great and well Sweet Pea is adorable as usual.

MamaSheepdog":142ozp4z said:
The little chestnut looks like he has been electrocuted, with his crimpy wool! :lol:
:p
MamaSheepdog, that is a great way to describle it! Lol, do you mind if I steal that one?
LindseysWoolies, your babies are so, so, so adorable! I just want to cuddle that little chestnut, he looks like a little teddy bear:)
By the way, I think if they look like that in there ugly stage, then you have nothing to worry about. They're going to be nice :D

Back