34 days?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In a large windstorm 34 days ago, the door to my large hutch with 4 does blew open. I rotate roaming time, so the buck was out that day. When I came home from from work, they were all together and I assumed breeding had taken place. Now at 34 days and little work in the nest boxes I’m not so sure. I have kept them in now for over a week fearing that they they will birth in a burrrow like before. Has anyone had such a long gestation? I’m not seeing any hair pulling yet. I felt their bellies but I was feeding like they were pregnant…
Maybe I was wrong? How do I tell?
I want to let them out to roam but not have the babies in the yard…
Thank you!

In a large windstorm 34 days ago, the door to my large hutch with 4 does blew open. I rotate roaming time, so the buck was out that day. When I came home from from work, they were all together and I assumed breeding had taken place. Now at 34 days and little work in the nest boxes I’m not so sure. I have kept them in now for over a week fearing that they they will birth in a burrrow like before. Has anyone had such a long gestation? I’m not seeing any hair pulling yet. I felt their bellies but I was feeding like they were pregnant…
Maybe I was wrong? How do I tell?
I want to let them out to roam but not have the babies in the yard…
Thank you!
My doe goes 33 days. Give 'em another day and turn 'em out

If I had that situation happen to me I'd keep the nest boxes in with the does until day 40, because my luck I'd pull it and one would birth then. By 40 days they're definitely not bred and if they do have over cooked kits in there the survival odds are almost none from what I've seen.

If I had that situation happen to me I'd keep the nest boxes in with the does until day 40, because my luck I'd pull it and one would birth then. By 40 days they're definitely not bred and if they do have over cooked kits in there the survival odds are almost none from what I've seen.
Over cooked?! From stress? And survival of does or kits? I’ll let them out to lay in the yard to save my Maple and Nutmeg! They have had birthed in nest boxes before but I know they prefer in their burrows.

Over cooked?! From stress? And survival of does or kits? I’ll let them out to lay in the yard to save my Maple and Nutmeg! They have had birthed in nest boxes before but I know they prefer in their burrows.
Pretty sure they meant the Kits have been in there for too long to be normally formed

Anyway, it's not unusual for Does to have Kits later than 31 days and I've had a Doe have one around 3-4 days late and he was born with fur already

Latest posts

Back