1st time deboning

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just finished deboning my first rabbit. It was messy, and nothing like the videos I watched. But I didn't cut myself.
The end product was 2lbs. 12 oz. Of meat and 1 lb. of bone. But I didn't weigh the head, pelt or feet so I can't calculate bone to meat ratio.
Now to try the canning part.

Last edited:
I just finished deboning my first rabbit. It was messy, and nothing like the videos I watched. But I didn't cut myself.
The end product was 2lbs. 12 oz. Of meat and 1 lb. of bone. But I didn't weigh the head, pelt or feet so I can't calculate bone to meat ratio.
Now to try the canning part.

Not sure how I missed this. I'm interested in both the processing and the canning. How did it go?

Not sure how I missed this. I'm interested in both the processing and the canning. How did it go?
I took the bones and made a tasty broth. Stuffed the meat in 1qt jars, added a tidge of broth for seaoning, and pressure canned for 75 min. At 12lbs for my altitude. However, I have done it again since then. I no longer de bone to can. Its not necessary. And my knife skills are lacking. Along with my patience to do it.

Latest posts

Back