1st delivery!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ollitos

Reaction score
We delivered our first rabbit to our restaurant customer. He wants 6 rabbits a week and we're doing our best to get these kits grown out. Today, we brought him one of Big Bertha's first litter - the one we butchered on Sunday. He was pleased with the weight. He wants us to keep the belly meat. They cure it and make it into rabbit bacon. MMMMM! He wants hearts, liver and kidneys as well.

It was great to finally be able to deliver a rabbit! Of course, since this was the first, it was free for him to try our product.

He said that when trying Calis and NZs, he prefers NZs. He said he's not tried Silver Fox before. Here's hoping he'll like it because I'm getting two does this weekend.

I talked to him about the size of our current Silver Fox buck and faster grow out. He was pleased with that. I also explained that we're looking for good mothers in our does and that we're looking to our bucks to provide the weight and growth rate. We will end up with meat mutts, but they'll all be the same type of meat mutts and will be a consistent product.

So now we wait for him to cook it up and give us a call with the results!

That is great news! I hope he enjoys it.

Lol at rabbit bacon- the kids were talking about making bacon from the bellies! I thought it wouldn't work because of lack of fat, so we made jerky out of the belly flaps instead. Didn't hear any complaints, either!

We called around and asked. We also go to networking events whenever we can.

Very awesome! I hope it grows to whatever point you wish it too. I believe you are filling a void in many markets and could be very profitable.

Joe

We have a local association up here to help members get in touch with potential customers. Once I get a little further along with my set up I'm going to seriously look into it. The breeder I bought my Rexs from is a member

Way to go!!! I am waiting to pick up my SFs in Wichita in October and the new restaurant owner the next town over wants to get with me as a rabbit supplier so he can offer roasted whole rabbit and rabbit BBQ :p He also bought the last 4 of my litter last month so each of his kids would have their own pet rabbit LOL

Back