13 weeks/6lbs

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ollitos

Reaction score
We are in the process of butchering a litter. This litter grew quite quickly and I'm really pleased with them. I would have butchered several of them two weeks ago - 5 lbs at 11 weeks - but since they grew so well and are does, I'm keeping them for breeding. They are named Popeye and Brindle. The 12 year old named them :) At 13 weeks they are both a little over 6 lbs. I'm very pleased. I plan on trying to breed at 16 weeks if they are ready. They are meat mutts - Am Chin dam and Champagne/NZ sire.

I'm pleased. Since we raise them on pasture, they grow a bit more slowly. These numbers are good for being on pasture.

Sounds likelike good weightI gain to me. Do youyou suppliment with pellets, hay, or grains? We want to move our meat mutt colonies to pasture in the spring. Do you leave yours out year round? How do you catch yours? Funny there is so much to learn with rabbits. Who would have thought......

Yea, what do you feed and how much besides pasture? Or is it just the mix of breeds?

I'd like to hear more about how you feed them, too, Ollitos. Those are very good weights, especially for pastured bunnies. I would suspect that the particular cross you have has something to do with it also. :)

The dam is Rosebud, our Am Chin. Her daughter, Silverado is 9 lb at 18 weeks. The sire is Davidson who we believe is Champagne/NZ mix.

Two of the does in this litter are over 6 lbs. We butchered 4 rabbits yesterday, all at or over 5lbs at 13 weeks. There are two left to butcher who are almost 5lbs.

We free feed regular rabbit food, BOSS and all the grass they like. Nothing special. I just think that this was a good mating combination and we had a few good growers.

Latest posts

Back