the blue crayfish tank

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
I got my husband interested in inverts which means I can spend more money on aquariums before he gets annoyed. :twisted: So he found these blue crayfish he liked and I am setting up a 40g. They've been in a 20g for the past few weeks and wow have they grown since then. I think we can be certain we have a male and a female and the guy said he'd buy their offspring. The female just molted so she's tucked in the longest cave and I didn't get a pic. The male was trying to ambush some of the feeder fish in there. :lol: I've still got to put in my rock work, setup a hood that will hold lights and keep crayfish in, and tweak the filtration.

Crays do grow sooooooo fast! Yours sure are pretty, we have only had wild ones in tanks and its shocking how fast they grow.

I want to try raising the Australian cray that gets 6 to 8 inches long. :twisted:

Josh wants a saltwater mantis shrimp that can break his hand. :lol: The crayfish species we have also comes in red and white but having these little, shy crayfish has given me a desire to grab some devil crayfish for fun. They are a big native species that are quite aggressive and really tank destructive but their boldness makes them active when people are around and their activity rearranging their whole tank is interesting. There are a lot of subspecies. The local variety gets red tips to the claws and legs.

CambarusDiogenes.jpg

Not some thing you want to stick your finger in front of.

akane":g5u3198r said:
Josh wants a saltwater mantis shrimp that can break his hand. :lol: The crayfish species we have also comes in red and white but having these little, shy crayfish has given me a desire to grab some devil crayfish for fun. They are a big native species that are quite aggressive and really tank destructive but their boldness makes them active when people are around and their activity rearranging their whole tank is interesting. There are a lot of subspecies. The local variety gets red tips to the claws and legs.

CambarusDiogenes.jpg

Not some thing you want to stick your finger in front of.

We call these "blood pinchers" and if you let them grab, you will know why...

Latest posts

Back