Wool Rabbit Color Thread

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PSFAngoras":kliddsq0 said:
I figured the non recognized colors were just as useful here since they still have the capacity to throw beautiful recognized, show quality animals.

True, since color names aren't always the same across breeds, I think we should add as much info as possible.
Also there might be people who don't know the genetics of different colors, or even what the acceptable colors are, so we'd better give them as much info as possible.

If' possible too, adding labeled kit pictures would be useful.

UPDATE!

For the pictures that have no genetic codes:

Chinchilla: A_ B_ cchd_ D_ E_
Chocolate Tort: aa bb C_ D_ ee
Blue: aa B_ C_ dd E_
Chocolate Pointed White (Chocolate Himilayan, Himi): aa bb ch_ D_ E_
Seal (Dark Sable): aa B_ cchl_ D_ E_
Smoked Pearl Marten: at B_ cchl_ dd E_
Sable Marten: at bb cchl_ D_ E_
Chestnut Agouti: A_ B_ C_ D_ E_
Siamese Sable: at B_ cchl_ D_ E_
Black Otter: at B_ C_ D_ E_
Orange: A_ __ C_ D_ ee + rufus modifiers

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm still fairly new to the genetics, but I believe these to be correct.<br /><br />__________ Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:44 pm __________<br /><br />Ooh, and sky, as to labeled kit pictures...

I have two litters due in the next two weeks :)

A broken fawn bred to a lilac tort (first time pairing and mom, assuming LOTS of broken and non broken fawns and torts)

and

A REW (actually AaBbccDd_e) and my self blue chinchilla (usually throws 50% REW, and a slew of chin, self black chin (looks seal), ermines, and sallanders (shaded looking).

I will post lots of pics!

Cream buck 3 weeks old

Very clean with no grey smut so far

Overall light gold color with white agouti markings. Eyes grey.

A_ __ C_ dd ee

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,679
Back