Lost my Job

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you had to move and/or lost your job since the economy "fell"?

• No, I have been very secure in my place of work/home.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I didn't work before.

• No, I am retired.

• I own my own business and have been afraid of slipping profits

• I owned my own business, but was unable to continue

• I work for a company and am afraid of being downsized

• I work for a company and have been downsized

• I lost my home (owned or otherwise) due to money issues.

• Total voters
I made a crib into a rabbit playpen! And I ditto the stomping fit. More bunnies, must have more bunnies! Oddly, my husband is also starting to think we need more land....<br /><br />__________ Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:19 pm __________<br /><br />I made a crib into a rabbit playpen! And I ditto the stomping fit. More bunnies, must have more bunnies! Oddly, my husband is also starting to think we need more land....

We knew my husbands job was comeing to an end, and after almost 6 months of looking we ended up moving to Nebraska from CT for a lot less pay. We had to downsize and sell off or give away a Horse, Mule, Mini horse and mini donkey. They all have lovely homes with good people (Which I am thankful for) but I miss them dreadfully.
We now live within city limits with a small yard, but it's our yard (plus the bank of course).
On a good note the people we have met are great and this seems to be a fantastic place to raise our little girl. Maybe in a few years we we can move up to a place with a little more land....

I'm a military wife, and so everytime we move I have to start all over. I recently left a province that still had a very strong retail area, I was managing a store, and making great money. Then we move to a province where housing is actually affordable, but it turns out there are NO jobs. And way less pay for what I was doing before the move. So for now I will stay at home, raise my boys and try a rabbitry.

I was in the exact same situation a little over a year ago. The company I worked for went bankrupt, and I wound up having to move to the opposite side of the state to take another position.

Don't get me wrong. I am thankful I found the job and leaving the last company was the best thing that could have happened to me, but it would be less than honest to say that moving was a big headache.

Wow, that's a hard row to hoe. I truly hope the corner is near for you and your very own.

Three times in my life I've lost everything. I've heard people tell me things like "it's only stuff", or "you'll find another job", or "home is where you make it."

Funny thing is they still had their stuff, their job, and their home!

For this reason alone I don't ever soft soap anybody about how the next sunrise will be the best ever and all that jazz.

Nope, I quote what I heard Mel Gibson say from the movie Brave Heart:

"They can take away my stuff but they'll never take away my sense of humour!".....or something like that; I was drifting off to sleep at the time.

Back