Netherland Dwarf Weights?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatzNetherlands

Reaction score
These being my first rabbits in years, and wanting to get into showing them, I am trying very hard to keep track of everything... I was wondering if anyone had a good growth chart on Netherlands based on age?(I know the standards for the breed)

I just recorded the weights of all my bunnies last week.... Can anyone tell me if they think that they seem to be a good weight? (the rabbits look healthy and are eating fine, I just am trying to figure out where they might max out at, weight wise)

Here are the weights and ages....

Pippen - Doe - 2lbs 2oz - Age - 6 months 5 days

Blue(name coming soon) - Buck - 1lbs 6oz - Age - 15 weeks 3 days

Stuart - Buck - 15oz - Age - 10 weeks 6 days

Benjamin - Buck - 9oz - Age - 9 weeks 1 day

i can weigh mine for ya and we can keep track together... i just bought a new scale over the weekend and it will be a good excuse for me to use it... my kits are 4 weeks and 3 weeks.. and adults around a year old i believe.. i'll check their peds.. give me a day or two this will be cool

i bolted a large rectangular plastic box to the top of the scale tonight.. big enough to hold my new zealands lol... so it'll work just fine for the dwarfs.. we'll see what i can come up with tomorrow night

ok... i have one litter that is 4 weeks old today... a litter of 3 .. and a first time mama

one chestnut weighs 10 oz
one charlie weighs 10 oz
and one chestnut weighs 6 oz

then i have another litter of 3 netherlands with one adopted holland lop ... and she's a first time mama too

they were 3 weeks old yesterday

one black otter is 6 oz
one black otter is 5 oz
one chestnut is 5 oz
and the holland lop is 4 oz ... that kit is 17 days old

Wow... Benjamin is going to be TINY! LOL... he is a dinky little thing... hehe But he is just my baby regardless of his size... lol.... We will have to keep like weekly or even every other week weights....

well he is a dwarf so i suppose thats a good thing lol.. and im up for weekly weighings... these are our first ND kits so it will be fun to keep track... we have a show in deland in june.. which is very close to us... i think im going to enter them just to see what a judge has to say about them.. even though we got them from "name brand" stock.. doesnt mean that the matings produced quality kits.. so i wanna see what the pros say..

I am going to do the same, but I have to figure out when a show near us is... I have never shown rabbits before, so hopefully I won't look like a total newb... lol

I say go to a show just to see how it is run. If you wish take one or two rabbits but if you don't have 40 rabbits with you no matter what you will look like a noob. But no one will make fun of you for it. Just go to see how a show functions. My fist impression of a show is organized Chaios

we weighed a few more rabbits last night... the one in my avatar picture is hercules... he is some sort of mix.. we use him for pet rabbits and maybe meat rabbits.. he weighed in at 4.5 pounds exactly..

then we weighed 2 senior netherland dwarfs... first is the only buck we have.. a chestnut.. he is 11 months old and weighed 1 lb 15.5 oz lol ... just a hair off 2 pounds

then we weighed our black doe .. she is nursing 4 kits currently and she weighed in at 2 pounds 1 oz .. she is 11 months old as well

I weighed the little buns again yesterday.....

Pippen - 2 lb 2oz - 6 months 2 weeks
Benjamin - 12oz - 10 weeks 4 days
Stuart - 1 lb 2oz - 11 weeks 2 days
Oliver - 1 lb 6oz - 16 weeks

i'll try to weigh them tonight... we lost one of the chestnut kits yesterday... no clue what happened.. it was the best looking out of all of them to boot.. had a nzw kindle this morning.. and a holland lop nesting... busy time for us<br /><br />__________ Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:44 am __________<br /><br />ok i weighed them this morning... they were born 3-12 ... so that makes them 6 weeks old tomorrow

chestnut 14 oz
chestnut 7 oz
charlie 14 oz

so in 2 weeks the bigger 2 kits grew 2 oz and the smaller one grew just 1 oz

the other litter was born 3-21.... so that makes them 4 weeks old

black otter 5 oz
black otter 4 oz

this makes me worry and thankful for your post... it looks like they both lost 1 oz each if my scale was right on... it zeroed out each time... and this is the litter we lost the chestnut from... i might have to pull them from her and put them with the other nursing mama... she may have stopped feeding them too early... hmmmm...

New weights in!

Pippen - 7 months, 2 weeks old = 2 lbs, 6 oz

Oliver - 20 weeks tomorrow = 1 lb, 11 oz

Stuart - 16 weeks, 2 days = 1 lb, 9 oz

Benjamin - 14 weeks, 4 days = 1 lb, 5 oz

__________ Fri May 27, 2011 3:36 pm __________

More Bunny Weights!!!

I figure I am just going to keep posting on this thread, in case anyone gets curious and wants to compare weights, but also it is a fun way to go back and reference the weights.... Don't have Walters DOB yet but I know he is around a year - still waiting for his pedigree...Walter is the bunny I got who was very overweight... With some good food, a lot of exercise, only GOOD treats and a big cage, he has lost over 6oz in a week. He is acting like he feels SO much better... he was kind of blah and sullen, and now he runs and twists and come up for petting...

Name - Age - Weight

Benjamin - 16w 3d - 1 lb 6oz
Oliver - 5mth 1d - 1 lb 11oz
Walter - 1 year - 3 lb 1oz
Pippen - 7mth 2w - 2 lb 5oz
Lydia - 7w 3d - 1 lb 1oz
Brier - 6w - 9oz
Lilah - 6w - 8oz

Latest posts

Back