Dandelion seeds, please!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trinityoaks

Reaction score
Do any of you have dandelion seeds in your yard that you would be willing to send me? Two or three seed heads' worth would be plenty. I've been trying to find dandelions around here with no success. All I've found are the dandelion look-alikes, and I want honest-to-goodness, real dandelions.

Sure! PM me your addy and when mine start heading up I'll grab them...or I'll walk down a block and grab some out of the guy who's entire yard is dandelions lol.

Thanks, Tegan! PM on the way. Unfortunately, I'm quite clueless about what comes up when (other than Texas bluebonnets!), so maybe I'm looking for them too early. I'm in south Texas, though, so I would have thought they would be up by now. We already have a lot of wildflowers blooming, and the bluebonnets have already gone to seed.

Forget the rabbits! These dandelions are for ME! :D You'd be surprised how nutritious dandelion leaves are for humans, and the whole plant (including the roots) has a lot of medicinal uses.

__________ Mon May 20, 2013 10:34 am __________

Frosted Rabbits":1ssrwyit said:
I am willing to send you some, as well-- we have loads of them going to seed on a daily basis..
Are you getting seeds now, or is it still too early there?

PM me your address. I'll mail some if I can get to them before the kids. We're already got some fluffy ones.

Wait...is it illegal to mail dandelions to Texas from Illinois? Hmm....

RJSchaefer":u9m0yyve said:
PM me your address. I'll mail some if I can get to them before the kids. We're already got some fluffy ones.

Wait...is it illegal to mail dandelions to Texas from Illinois? Hmm....
Definitely NOT against Texas law! The only state I would be concerned about in that regard would be California. They have weird agricultural laws. They have weird laws, period!

Illinois isn't too far off. I wouldn't doubt if we have some wildlife protection act preventing the exportation of the native field flower.

Maybe I'll hide them in something else...smuggle it out, so to speak. :lol:

All states have SOME weird laws...it is illegal to whistle underwater in Vermont for example. ;)

An actual law from Michigan: A woman isn’t allowed to cut her own hair without her husband’s permission. How stupid is that?!

In Grand Haven (near where I live) there's a city ordinance: No person shall throw an abandoned hoop skirt into any street or on any sidewalk, under penalty of a five-dollar fine for each offense.

ANYWAYS..............if you need more Dandelion seeds, let me know. I can send plenty. :)

Well, I guess you don't need any seeds from me, but my yard is full of them, so if something happens to the letters with seeds, let me know and I can send you plenty :cheesysmile:

Actually, dandelions are "non-native" plant-- escaped after settlers brought them over to use for greens and medicinal purposes. the "grandfather's beard" a dandelion look-alike, is a native species in North America

Believe it or not, my wife has ordered dandelion seeds so we can plant them here. We have what look like dandelions in our yard, but I'm not 100% sure that they are. Some look real and others look like false dandelions.

My rabbits love them whether they're real or not.

Hopefully, we'll have a harvest of our own seeds in short order.

My dandelions had flowers before they really started growing their leaves this year!
Though, the double buttercup has taken over this year as well...really hate that stuff...

Hoodat sent me French Dandelion seeds. The plants get larger and have better flavor.

Once they flower, I would be happy to send out seeds to any who want them. :)

Latest posts

Back