What colors are these 2 kits?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipoGSD

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
What colors would these 2 kits be? I can't tell if the broken is Grey or brown lol and the dark one looks like a dark wild type, agouti?

Also, would the broken be considered a peanut or just a runt or is it possible that the smaller size came from the mini rex daddy? So far it seems healthy..

Don't know much about the colors, but I don't think the broken is a peanut. It may be a runt, or possibly the other one might just be larger. Hard to say but in my experience you can get quite a variation of sizes even within a litter....

Ty macksmom.. guessing the size differences are because dad is 4lbs and mom is 10-ish. As for the rest of the litter they are all around the larger sized one in the pic. This broken is definitely the smallest. But seems healthy as an ox..err kit hehehehe

I think the bigger one is silver tipped steel AKA steel chinchilla and the brown/smutty tones are common in crosses but usually shed out

I think the littler one is not a peanut and is a broken chestnut

Dood.. You just answered like all my questions I have a doe who is a Chinchilla but has a brown looking pattern around her bum.*I'll try and post pics once I find my phone *Been gone two weeks** I know they are some mix and I have and idea of what two-three it could possibly more than likely be.

Dood":3cn2eu7q said:
I think the bigger one is silver tipped steel AKA steel chinchilla and the brown/smutty tones are common in crosses but usually shed out
I think the littler one is not a peanut and is a broken chestnut

I was thinking this as well but was a bit hesitant to post as I wasn't sure on the first one.

Hi dood ty for your help. The dark chin one I think is a doe, if so she's a keeper. She's so pretty and a decent size :) just hope she gets dad's personality because her mom Ruby can get nasty but mom is a reallllly good mom. Her babies always look well fed with nice full bellies. she definitely feeds her babies at least 2x a day. My friendlier doe is super sweet. Timid because she wasn't handled much. but seems like she doesn't feed them as good, bellies never look as plump as the others. So when my family or friends say they want a bun I always suggest they take one from Ebony and not ruby. Ruby will get mad and bite hard. Even just carrying her from her cage to the living room or to the puppy pen to play. And I can cradle her head into my elbow or hold her against my chest.. Needless to say I don't like carrying her lol

As for the other smaller one, it seems to be catching up in size a little but is still smaller. The color of it is changing a little. along its back is definitely chestnut but then the sides transitions into a grey.

put her in a box. She'd probably like travelling that way better. :) even a basket or something... mine like being moved used an old milk crate.

Back