14day old kits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracie123

Reaction score
I have (3 )14 day old kits,and they wont stay in the nesting box now, trying to eat pellets and then this afternoon 1 of them was drinking from the water bottle. Is this normal for them to do this at this age? This is my 1set of kits ever. Momma gets in the nesting box just to get away from them cause they are all over the place and her. Will post pictures of the kits and them drinking and eating tomorrow.
Tracie

Mine are bouncing out around day 10 and sometimes even before their eyes open. I flip the box on it's side by 12-14 days or just pull it out completely in warm weather because they'll just pick a new little corner to burrow in instead of bothering to get in and out. They will start eating hay in their nest box before their eyes open and if you provide no hay or straw I've had them resort to eating all the fur.

I try to get mine out of the nest by day 10 but I watch their behavior. The sooner they're eating and drinking on their own, the better.

Latest posts

Back