your dream colony?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiogoatgirl

Reaction score
i'm wondering what you dream colony is?
one that is space and money and time restriction free.
and one that is almost-dream colony but limited to under $1,000 to build (thereabouts) from scratch, stock rabbits not included.

:popcorn: come on, dream with me! :mrgreen:

will add my own once i get it thought out correctly ;)

ok,
I wold have a horse barn and, on half of the barn I would put in a bunch of rabbits, and put hay and feeders, and all that other stuff
and on a quarter of the other side of the horse barn I would have hamsters!
and on another quarter I would have a horse, and on the rest of it sheep!

but of course I get a LOT of crazy ideas like that!

I already have one! :D

It could be much better ofcourse since i'm only at the start of my project, when i have a colony of the colors that i want, then i can die happily, but this what i have right now is more than i could wish for.

67320_10151452907589528_1593291277_n.jpg

I took the wooden platform on the right out too since it's falling apart.

644285_10151452907149528_1799786903_n.jpg

I moved the bigger hutch to the right side against the wall today, because i got this new hutch with 2 floors which i'm going to put on the left side. The doe's are arguing over the hutches since 2 are pregnant and don't want to share it with eachother.
I need to attach aluminium bands on the wood first or they will chew it to shreds.

577140_10151452004739528_874559454_n.jpg

TheLittleBunny10":2g1ys44v said:
where do the droppings go? and how do you clean them?

With a brush and dustpan :oops:
I throw it in the waste container.

Disney":20dd7mhl said:
TheLittleBunny10":20dd7mhl said:

maybe you could put some into pots and grow some greens for the buns?

ohiogoatgirl":m39sharr said:
Disney":m39sharr said:
TheLittleBunny10":m39sharr said:

maybe you could put some into pots and grow some greens for the buns?

We only have this small piece(2meters)of sand in the backyard, with a burrow in the corner for the loose buck to sleep and take cover in.
Nothing grows from the droppings that fall there, except for the nettle that grows in one of the plant pots.

334rvr5.jpg

mcudli.jpg

ahh.
meant more like flower box planter with parsely, dandelions, etc to feed out to the buns.

Where rabbit cooperate and breed regularly, where does do not fight and such.
I'm redoing my open pens this spring, I'll be making them either 5 to 8ft squares, depending on how much wire I have. Lined up and semipermanent rows spaced out so I can move the pens up when they are empty for new grass. I want to be able to easily catch and move the rabbits over w/o moving the pens much at all. That got really annoying very fast last year and the pens were not a square, so good grass and resting grass ended up overlapping.
But winter colonies just won't happen unless I had unlimited $$ to build a barn with a concrete floor large enough to house each pair or group of breeders, growers and singles.

Latest posts

Back