Young Buck having some "issues":)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macksmom98

Reaction score
My first time Buck has been all over the ladies of South TX Holland Lops here, and he's dramatically fallen off and bred all of them (or so I assumed, because often when you see that it happens). But I had posted because I kept seeing a lot of wet spots on the gals, and couldn't tell if it was the "baby juice" or him grooming and lickin them constantly.
After it happend today I flipped both him and my doe over,
And what I found was his entire stomach was wet, as in he probably shot it there all 3 times. Any tips on how to help it land in the right place? Is this just something I have to wait out and he wi likely pick it up? Since I didn't flip him over before I can't be sure he has never made it I the correct spot, but I suspect he's not gotten it all figured out yet.....he also had some yellow waxy stuff on his testicles....I took some cue tips to that and got it mostly off, but I am not sure what that was either. Maybe urine sprayed that got sticky with the humidity here or more baby juice? Never seen it before....

I have had to assist my young NZR buck... to not hump the doe's head. Amusingly, when Heaven got tired of Wheatley's junk in her face, she started to beat him up. Which meant he got his fight on and I think got it in the right spot this time. You may have to assist him by raising the doe higher.

Once my mini rex found the magic spot, there wasn't any going back to ribcages!!

Some people have had success by tying a string to the doe's tail to lift up her backside. If your rabbits aren't too shy, you can even lift her tail with your fingers to help him hit the mark. Once he gets it, he shouldn't have any trouble finding it again. :D

Well I as much as id like to stay out of all that lovin and gooey ness, I suppose I can fin some rubber gloves and lift up on my does in some way, either via string or just getting my hands under there. It doesn't seem like they lift great, but his position also looks pretty good to me. I'll see what seems to work.....

When we introduced my lop buck (Vanellopete) to my lionhead buck (Baby Bun) for the first time, Vanellopete immediately tried to mount him. When he couldn't figure out why it wasn't working he then decided that it must need to be from the other end and spent the next 5 minutes trying to mount his face till we separated them lol.

Latest posts

Back