Wrong color on pedigree?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatzNetherlands

Reaction score
I am looking at getting a rabbit soon, and I think it is one color, but the breeder says another... So, if I get the pedigree, and it says one thing, can it be changed? Is it something I can do, or does the breeder have the final say? It isn't a huge deal, I just want the pedigrees to be accurate for breeding/showing.

I am just curious about who changes it... me or the breeder. I was planning on taking the rabbit to a show and have a couple judges tell me what color it is... But wasn't sure if I should be the one to change it or if I should let the breeder know and have them do it?

i would go to a show, get the judges to tell you want the correct colour is. THEN tell the breeder and say, two experienced judges have told me the colour is thus and such, I'm changing it on my pedigree. is this just a young animal or has it been used for breeding? if it's just young, having it correct on your pedigree is what is important for future generations.

Technically you could change anything on a pedigree. They are not official documents and until the rabbit is registered the info is not recorded anywhere else. I don't even use the pedigree papers given to me. I take the info, put it in my pedigree software, and print out a new copy from there. It's not like horses or dogs where you have to keep the original paper given to you and to get a changed one you have to get the breeder to agree, fill out a form, and send it in. Rabbit pedigrees are as accurate as the honesty and knowledge of the person using them.

Back