worms?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastelsummer

Reaction score
can a rabbit get worms? If so what can be done about it? my baby in my avi is sick super sick she eats everything i give her and drinks all her water and then some. and is skin and bones and was chilly tonight so i brought her in into one of my quarentine cages. So she is in the house in a small cage but i am worried she is my pet rabbit not a meat producer but she is adorable and i love her. I know dogs you can do a ciggarette in a pinch but not sure of rabbits

Yep they can get intestinal worms just like any other animals. In the dead of winter it's usually from the hay there could be worm eggs dormant in the hay the rabbits eat it and the gives the eggs the perfect environment to hatch and voila a case of worms.

I treat with horse wormer from the feed store using safeguard because it's well safe and hard to overdose with and the rabbits actually willingly eat the apple flavoured one. I give them a pea sized amount orally then scrub their cages 24 hours later once they've passed everything. I wait a week (wormer doesn't kill eggs that have already been laid and this way you can get everything before the juvenile worms are able to lay eggs.) and dose them again and scrub their cages down 24 hours later.

You should look up Piperazine, Ivermectin, Febenzadol, those are the 3 big ones, you can find them in 'cattle' preperations for much less than what the vet will charge you.

Latest posts

Back