Woohoo! Population explosion!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PulpFaction

Reaction score
Well, have one 4 week old Thrianta litter on the ground, and they are cute as can be.

My Rex doe is pulling fur for a litter by my little man that isn't even 4 months yet, so who knows if we'll actually have a litter or if she just THINKS she will. I separated her and poor little Cotton boy is very sad to be apart from his lady-love. Do bucks that young sire full-sized litters, if they get the job done at all? My first experience letting the intended buck I wanted to use grow up with an already adult doe. She was like mom to him, it's kind of weird.

I have another Thrianta litter due on the 28th.

Yesterday I was given an 8 week old Flemish doe because she's the wrong color and was going to be eaten, otherwise. A Steel Gray sport with copper ticking instead of steel, looks regular agouti to me, I love it!

AND....going to pick up my first two Silver Fox jr. does this evening!

Can not WAIT! Gotta finish that colony cage today. The SF and the gifted Flemmie girl will be great in it together.

Yes, a 4 month old can easily sire a litter. Many bucks are capable as young as 3 months. Even if she was like a mother to him, he'll still breed her. Bucks will breed their mothers if left with them for too long.

Congrats on all the new bunnies!! =D

:wbounce: Wow! Congrats on all the buns!

NOW: One thing you do not ever do on this forum is talk about cute 4-week-old bunnies and provide no pictures! :chair: :lol:

While you're at it, pictures of your new arrivals would be nice too. :)

Plllllleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaassssse? :)

I would love to see pics too. I bet the baby Thriantas are darling! Congrats!

My photos were too big to put into the gallery and I'm too lazy to shrink them down. :) There are TONS of photos on my blog, however!

So there are! :razz: Oh my goodness those babies are adorable!!! And such beautiful red coats! MAJOR CUTENESS!

What an unusual Flemish doe, too... she's pretty. :)

http://www.nffgrb.com/Varieties.html Here is a link to Flemish colours, you can click on the pics for a larger view. To be honest I think she is a normal agouti or "Sandy" in flemish talk. Agouti I think(?) can carry steel... so she could throw that colour if bred to the right buck. Don't know a lot about steel, its a little different than the silvering on The Silver Fox and Champagnes etc. which is entirely dominant!

Hmm, I'll have to get a picture of her undercoat. It is definitely the steel gray undercoat, very deep slate blue. I can not for the life of me find the reference piece where I found that information about her being a copper-ticked sport. Her parents are a steel gray doe and a white buck, the piece I was looking at referred to whites as falling into one of two groups, and when they were bred back to the wrong color "group" could produce this exact coloration. Either way, the breeder didn't think she had much value, even though she is HUGE, and simply gave her to me to play with as a pet and part of a meat breeding program, so if it turns out that she is useful as a breeder doe without the chance of throwing continuously throwing non-standard colors, I guess we'll have to have a conversation and I should pay the lady and get a pedigree. :)

She is very nice! You have a good find there! Slate blue/steel gray is the correct undercolour for agouti/sandy. The breeder may only be breeding for steel gray and therefore doesn't need any sandy in her program, which is why she would have been culled. I have never heard the term copper ticked, Copper is a Satin term and there are silver-tipped and gold -tipped in various breeds such as Mini Lop though.The best thing would be to take her to a show and find out! Even then you may get different answers from different judges lol

Oh they are all pretty, but those Thrianta babies are irresistable.

Latest posts

Back