Wonderful rabbit recipes

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 8296

Reaction score
Thank you all so much for your recipes! I am so inspired by your hard work and generosity to share. We had so much fun de-boning and canning the previous batch of our rabbits that we will be doing it again and hopefully contributing more to this forum.751F4029-7FCF-4D15-AD59-B278A4B39670.jpeg

How did you find deboning the rabbits? Its not something I tend to do raw, takes me too long.
Hi Shea. I found deboning the rabbits surprisingly simple. We dispatched four 13 week rabbits. After my husband carried the 5 gallon bucket of ice water with the four rabbit carcasses into the kitchen, he left to go clean up outside. That’s when my work began!
With each carcass, I cut and trimmed the four legs, the backstrap, and the saddles. What was left was the backbone which can be separated easily right below the rib cage. The rib cage can be opened up and flattened enough for those two pieces to fit in a stock pot. I laid a bath towel on a large cookie sheet and began to lay all the pieces previously mentioned that were not put in the stock pot onto the towel. The large cookie sheet held all the cuts of the four rabbits, double layered and covered thoroughly with the towel. We let this meat age in the refrigerator for 24 hours. When it was taken out of the refrigerator, it was very easy to work with and cut up very quickly. By this time (day 1) the first batch of rib cages and spines were slow cooked, strained, and the resulting broth refrigerated. That refrigerated broth was put in the stock pot again with the bones from the legs after the meat was taken off of them (day2).
After I cut and cubed the meat off the bone, I packed it dry into glass canning jars and then closed plastic screwtop lids on them. These jars of meat were then refrigerated for another 24 hours to give me time to set up for canning the next day (day 3).
I found it so easy to do because I guess it was done in three steps over the course of three days.

Latest posts

Back