WHY?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
....do I forget that I'm wearing black sweat pants and flannel shirt until AFTER I've groomed half a dozen bunnies? eh? what is WRONG with my brain? :x (okay..don't answer that last one...)

Looking down at myself I rather resemble a sheet of dryer lint....except much bigger. SIGH

Half of them need plucking, too. It's that time. And did you know (you probably do) that angora fiber does NOT come off your clothes when you wash and dry them? Unlike mohair, sheep's wool, etc., which when you have it all over your clothes you just run it through the wash and it collects in the strainer or trap....angora just rolls up into little strips and pills and felts right onto your clothing :(

Lol, I remember those days. Although I am not sure I ever wore black + flannel for grooming, I can imagine what a mess it is, hehe.

If you run your clothes through a wash and then put them on again, you can use a good fur roller to get most of the furballs and felted areas right off. :)

Best of luck,

Lauren

I'm thinking of an apron, full top..what do they call it...bib thing. made of vinyl :) well, maybe something like leatherette would be easier. If I make it with pockets..and ten remember to keep the nail clippers, combs, and brushes in the pockets MAYBE I'll remember to wear it! :razz:

I'll try the roller. One good thing, unlike dog hair in the washer/dryer...the angora doesn't migrate to the OTHER clothes!

gosh, a dryer sheet in with the dog blankets just makes fur jump off--I didn't realize angora was so different!

:lol: That sounds like me. I'll decide to trim the dog up just a little bit and forget about the dog hair. I've found that wrapping a strip of duct tape around my hand (sticky facing out) and patting my clothes takes a lot of hair off. It's cheaper and works better than those sticky roller things too.

You know what they say - "Home is where the hair is". :lol:

Gives me something to do at boring functions. I pick the hair off my clothes and try to identify the species. "Hmmm, cat, that's goat, oh, here's a dog hair". :roll:

Half Caper Farm":12r6yhku said:
You know what they say - "Home is where the hair is". :lol:

Gives me something to do at boring functions. I pick the hair off my clothes and try to identify the species. "Hmmm, cat, that's goat, oh, here's a dog hair". :roll:
:rotfl: :lol: oh golly! <gasp> that's hysterical!

And then you go inside and sit on the couch after grooming the white rabbits and it's a dark colored couch ......

hotzcatz":26s6ybyb said:
And then you go inside and sit on the couch after grooming the white rabbits and it's a dark colored couch ......
Or you go to your mother-in-law's house and sit on her maroon velvet couch....sigh.

the phrase "so, you have dogs, I see" is played over and over again when you have rabbits....

I do HCF - I do exactly that

my coworkers get sick of picking hair off me - we play the what species game all the time :)

Latest posts

Back