Why hasn't my doe had her kits? Is she faking?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Lop Mama

Mini Plush Lops Furever
Reaction score
I have a Mini Lop doe who was bred and pulled a nest roughly 10 days ago. She is on day 33 of pregnancy and still hasn't had any kits. But I have seen a lot of movement in her stomach, a lot of rolling through out her fur and some kicks. Is she faking? If so, what are the movements in her? She is eating and drinking fine. She is playing, sleeping. Her activity level is usual. Any ideas? Thank you so much I advance.

From what I have read, rolling is normal gut activity and quick, jerking type movements in the belly are kicks from the kits. She could still have kits, so keeping the nest box in there is important (at least until day 36, if not longer). It doesn't seem that there is a really reliable method for telling a real and false pregnancy apart, unfortunately.

From what I have read, rolling is normal gut activity and quick, jerking type movements in the belly are kicks from the kits. She could still have kits, so keeping the nest box in there is important (at least until day 36, if not longer). It doesn't seem that there is a really reliable method for telling a real and false pregnancy apart, unfortunately.
Thank you for the response!

When I used to Raise Californians I had a one who had kits on day 45:)). Most of My Rex rabbits (MINI&STANDARD) have they’re babies day 30-33. I would say wait at least a week she might just surprise you!!!
Thank you so much, this is very encouraging!

Latest posts

Back