Why ARAs think there are no good breeders.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Kyle! Glad to see you aren't banned anymore! LOL

I agree with you too Peach. Just makes logical sense. :)

Takes back any rabbits sold if for any reason the purchasers can�t or don�t want to keep them.

Errr...I am NOT obligated to take a rabbit back. I will, just because I care for the rabbit. But, still, the fact they are insinuating that you HAVE too irritates me.

Spays or neuters all rabbits sold or given away as �pets�, so the offspring from their breeding programs won�t fall into the hands of irresponsible people who may breed out of carelessness or for inappropriate reasons.

*cough* I am NOT paying 100 dollars for a pet rabbit I am only selling for 20. Sorry, but the new owners will have to deal with spaying/neutering.

Uses every bit of their influence to pressure ARBA to rid its ranks of �bad� breeders.

:lol:
:shock:
Are they serious?

Judging by the rather large amounts of Mini Rex and other dwarf breeds on the tables, I can't help but ask how having peanuts in litters affects them or is detrimental to the breed as a whole? As Mini Rex in particular way outnumber Rex..

Spays or neuters all rabbits sold or given away as �pets�, so the offspring from their breeding programs won�t fall into the hands of irresponsible people who may breed out of carelessness or for inappropriate reasons.

*cough* I am NOT paying 100 dollars for a pet rabbit I am only selling for 20. Sorry, but the new owners will have to deal with spaying/neutering.

Uses every bit of their influence to pressure ARBA to rid its ranks of �bad� breeders.

:lol:
:shock:
Are they serious?[/quote]

HAHA this the funniest thing I read/saw all day.....whos really gonna spay/neutar a pet...Id be mad because most of my breeders I bought cheaper as "pets" ya know what I mean?

Many states have a plan with local butchers that one can donate animals and the meat will go to retirement home etc....

So why aren't all those rabbits being sent there?

Some ARA are truly trying to solve problems and prevent cruelty, but most of them are people that need to have their fingers in someone else's business, because they can't deal with their own failings. It is actually a form of bullying and discrimination, like one finds in middle and high schools. If people can't raise their own self esteem by their own accomplishments, they pick out some other group and belittle them so they can feel they are better.

People don't change because they become adults, just find more politically acceptable ways to bully others. Right now picking on "animal killers" is one of the favorites. I used to think the ASPCA was one of the better groups, but if they took all the money they spent on television ads here in the last month, they could open a pet condo at the Waldorf Astoria.

OMG your so right....I mean those depressing commercials lol with the dogs with one eye and the cats in arm slings are really starting to tick me off

"We're basically PETA with suits and deodorant."

I :lol: :lol: :lol: my arse off every time I hear that.

I guess I am part of the problem. I breed specifically for the pet market. I would like to someday show rabbits. Right now though I lack the funds and time to travel. I breed rabbits mostly because I enjoy doing it and the money covers my ownership costs. I offer people rabbits that have been well taken care of, are well loved, have gentle dispositions and at least to me look real nice. I have taken in 4 rabbits from people that no longer wanted them and have bought twice as many more. I will never take my rabbits to a shelter and most I plan to keep until the die. Some of my breeder rabbits I may rehome in the future. I would like to see ARA spending more time on finding all the animals in the shelters new homes. There may be a lot of rabbits in shelters in rescues but I don't see them advertising around me. I offer my rabbits up for sale and if people choose to buy my rabbits over adopting one from a shelter so be it. It is not my fault the shelters haven't gotten the word out enough or don't have what my customers wanted. I also won't carry any of the blame for why the animals are in the shelters to begin with as I haven't taken any of my pets to the shelters.

Last month I almost committed a sin with the ARA. I had plans to take a Double Mane Chestnut Lionhead to a local pet store. As we have a chestnut buck he likes a junior in every litter. I quite like the look of them, unfortunately the consumer base does not. His copies are almost always the last to sell. I was going to give him to the pet store for free as I needed the cage space. I decided to hold off another week and he sold. Pound for pound, I don't see rabbits as being a huge problem in the shelters. Correct me if I am wrong as I haven't been in a huge number of shelters. I see cats and dogs as the bigger problem.

A lot of the rabbits we sell are for pets. I really could care less what the ARA think. They can kiss my bunnies but. I will take back any rabbit I sell. I figure if no home is available then I have a free meal. I won't give money back though.

Latest posts

Back