Who's on Etsy?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phacelia

Reaction score
Happy New Year everybody!! :pinkbunny: :fireworks1: :pinkbunny:

I hope the holidays treated you well and you all had lots of great time spent with your families (and your rabbits, of course :D )

One of my New Year's goals was to finally get my Etsy shop up and running (well, I was actually trying to get it launched before Christmas), and at long last here it is! Take a look and tell me what you think:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PrimordiaIMpressions?ref=hdr_shop_menu

I don't have too much up yet, but I'm still working on my inventory. Which is painfully slow with a 2-yr-old in the house, if you can imagine.

Anybody else on Etsy? Post your links here so we can all find each other. :)

Oooo! Sweet Phacelia!!! :) Great stuff! I just got a load of Polymer clay for Christmas that I wanted to makes some stuff with, and hopefully sell if I can get good enough at it!

I plan on getting a Etsy account this summer since I plan to start a small crafts business. :)

Ramjet, my shop was empty for a LONG time before I started stocking it! :)

Easy Ears, Polymer clay is SOOOOOO much fun to work with! It's amazing what some people can do with it. Be sure to show us some of the stuff you've made! :popcorn:

Cool pendants!!
Do you just do vintage dresses Miss M? I love that peachy one!

Aldfordm... so I need a couple of bone things.... can you ship to Canada (not sure if taxidermy can?) I need a skull for sure for my daughter... would it be in bad taste to give her one for Easter?! LOL

My shop is http://beneaththerowantree.etsy.com :)

TF3":3n6ynear said:
Cool pendants!!
Do you just do vintage dresses Miss M? I love that peachy one!
I do vintage whatever comes my way. :) I had some scarves listed a while back. I need to get the rest of them relisted, and I have some purses, shoes, and other clothes to list.

Y'all are so talented!!! I just list stuff that's already made!

I need to list some of Galadriel's jewelry... or create a store for her. She makes new jewelry from vintage pieces, as well as all-new. :)

Phacelia":3fn7o2ai said:

I've got quite a few items to post .... I make custom knives .... among other things. Just haven't gotten around to doing it.

Throw in the pre-Christmas disaster .... My house flooded on Dec 23 , my kids spent Christmas in a hotel and my shop is inoperable. Everything is on hold until the repairs are completed which could take 2 months.

The fact that they force you to use PayPal now doesn't give me much incentive as I can sell my wares in other ways & not have to pay either Etsy or PayPal .... That really adds up even if your sales are small ....in my case , $400 for a basic maple handled drop point hunter up to $2,500+ for more elaborate work ..... who wants to give away $$$.

Phacelia":i613jagm said:
So. Miss M, do you find vintage clothing and fix it up?
I haven't done repairs on any of them yet... I'm not familiar with the right ways to repair things, actually. I can sew, but when I fix things, it's meatball surgery. My great-grandmother repaired an "L" rip in a corduroy shirt once... when she was finished, you couldn't even tell it had happened. I sure wish I could learn from her now.

In a few of my listings, I do offer to do minor repairs for a fee, but they're things I feel comfortable with. The gown I sold a few weeks ago I did not offer to repair. It was silk chiffon, the repairs would have been right in front of the shoulders, and some fraying was involved. Unbelievable dress... I've never seen anything like it! The lady who bought it was really excited when she received it. Made me feel really good, because even though I detailed the damage in pictures and text, you just never know.

Phacelia":1wgpqkbp said:
Easy Ears, Polymer clay is SOOOOOO much fun to work with! It's amazing what some people can do with it.

What polish did you use to make those AMAZING ivory looking sculptures?!??! :shock: :p I couldn't believe it was made of polymer clay at first! :p

Phacelia":1wgpqkbp said:
Be sure to show us some of the stuff you've made! :popcorn:

:oops: If you'd like, but I'm not sure I'd be any good at it. I can't wait to try though! I just gotta find time to do it! :lol: ;)

Ramjet":1wgpqkbp said:
Throw in the pre-Christmas disaster .... My house flooded on Dec 23 , my kids spent Christmas in a hotel and my shop is inoperable. Everything is on hold until the repairs are completed which could take 2 months.

The fact that they force you to use PayPal now doesn't give me much incentive as I can sell my wares in other ways & not have to pay either Etsy or PayPal .... That really adds up even if your sales are small ....in my case , $400 for a basic maple handled drop point hunter up to $2,500+ for more elaborate work ..... who wants to give away $$$.

I'm so sorry about your house Ramjet! :cry:

Wait....you have to pay a percentage to PayPal? Or Etsy? Or is it both? :eek:

__________ Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:04 pm __________

Miss M":1wgpqkbp said:
Unbelievable dress... I've never seen anything like it!

Could you post some pictures of it? :)

Easy Ears":3a93aeps said:
[
I'm so sorry about your house Ramjet! :cry:

Wait....you have to pay a percentage to PayPal? Or Etsy? Or is it both? :eek:

__________ Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:04 pm __________

Eh , basically the insurance company gets to foot the bill to completely remodel my house .... new custom cabinets , granite counter tops , paint on every wall .... and tile through out the house .... which is kinda bitter sweet as my son & I had put in new hardwood last year with several multi-wood inlays in the entry way , dining and living rooms .... ebony , mahogany , oak , maple & walnut. I was pretty proud of that work , pretty spectacular ..
They gave me about 35 cents on the dollar for the flooring which didn't even cover the original material costs .... which is why I'm going back with tile since the cost of both labor & materials will be covered.

For me its just one big inconvenience.

Etsy charges $0.20 per listing plus a percentage of each sale. Paypal takes a percentage too .... which I am fairly certain the seller is responsible for. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)
I'm tempted to have a web page with a domain name made instead and use .... dare I say facebook (UGH!) to help direct traffic to it. But I just don't know if I need to go thru that much trouble as most of my work is custom orders thru word of mouth and I just don't know if I could keep up with much increased demand or if that increased demand would make it too much like a real job to enjoy. I probably have ~15 hours in a very basic knife and often a hundred or more in more complex designs.

Sorry about the house!!

Fees for Sellers~
List on Etsy: 0.20 USD
Sell on Etsy: 3.5% USD of sale price (not shipping)

You do not have to use Paypal.
You can use Etsy's Direct Checkout OR Paypal OR Paypal via Etsy's DC

Direct Checkout costs you an additional: 3% + 0.25$ (US and CAN)
As a seller who needs to convert from USD, that is another 2.9% for me and then the weak CAD
4% + 0.25$ (overseas)
Paypal alone: 2.9% + 0.30$

Ramjet~ you shouldn't eat the fees... they should be planned into your price so that the buyer pays them :)

Ramjet":nhvwnzmq said:
Phacelia":nhvwnzmq said:

I've got quite a few items to post .... I make custom knives .... among other things. Just haven't gotten around to doing it.

Oh no! :( So sorry about your house flooding. That is no fun way to spend the holidays. I hope you guys are able to get back to normal soon.

Easy Ears":nhvwnzmq said:
Phacelia":nhvwnzmq said:
Easy Ears, Polymer clay is SOOOOOO much fun to work with! It's amazing what some people can do with it.

What polish did you use to make those AMAZING ivory looking sculptures?!??! :shock: :p I couldn't believe it was made of polymer clay at first! :p

Once it's baked you take really fine grit wet/dry sandpaper and sand it well. Then you take a soft rag and buff it. Takes a little elbow grease. :)

I want the Celtic horses pendant so baaad!! :oops: :lol:

Hmmmmm... :hmm: must save allowance after paying off Christmas debts (borrowed from parents :oops: ).......

They gave me about 35 cents on the dollar for the flooring which didn't even cover the original material costs
Still have any receipts for materials? You can charge them for doing the original work too. I'd be having a little talk with that insurance company if I were you. :evil:

Latest posts

Back