Whoopsie I guess I kept them together too long

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckcs

Reaction score
When I got up today I noticed that my REW Lionhead Doe was pulling fur. I didn't think she could be pregnant. We held back a Doe and Buck from a litter born 4/8/13. The buck and doe had been in separate cages for a while I thought. I put a bunch of hay in there and she appeared to be building a nest in the corner. I had to leave for a while and didn't think she could be preggo. I got back and she had pushed the huge amount of hay through the cage floor. Then I noticed fur in the corner and then saw a dead elongated kit in the front of the cage. I just put a nestbox in there with my normal mix of shredded paper and hay. Hopefully if she has more they will be in the box. Apparently I had them together for at least 17 weeks. I was working on building the third cage for the stacking unit and thought they were younger than they were. I'm not planning on breeding her until after the Lionhead becomes and official breed this October (fingers crossed). Hopefully the REW will pass.

Did you get more babies?

I had 3 I kept together longer than I planned, so I am holding the doe back just to be sure. I don't think she's pregnant, but posts like this make me cautious enough to wait and see.

Latest posts

Back