White Momma is pregnant

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
No doubt about it. :lol: I was wondering if she had settled, you see. There wasn't any change in personality (she's still a bi...er, unfriendly lady. And the only interest she's shown in the nestbox is to hop into it and REMOVE all the hay I put in. :roll: She now uses it as a lovely place to lay in during the day. She's a VERY clean rabbit...uses one, and only one corner as potty corner. Unfortunately, it's in the far back corner that I can't reach :x ... BEHIND the nestbox.

Last night I saw her from the top, while she was laying down. There is NO DOUBT that she's going to kindle. Holy Lumpy Bumpy Tummy, Batman! She spreads out to both sides, just like Mama-san does..with these big lumpy things :bananadance2: She's also not eating much. Left her alfalfa completely untouched, and the pellets...meh...not much gone. Lots of water, tho.

This doe is from Aileen, and I THINK she's the one that delivered 9 prematurely a couple months ago. Either the 9 preemies, or the one that delivered 8? and they died over the course of 2 days. :( I'm pretty excited to see what she has...bred to Peter (black NZ). I'm hoping for a mix of white and black just 'cuz I'm tired of BLACK everywhere. :cool:

I've got bunnycam on her, but it's not working atm, but hoping to get that going soon. She's due...um...tomorrow-ish.

No link for my bunny cam, sorry. It's just too easy for a nasty person to hack into if I open up the firewall and I just don't want to keep scanning for stuff. Besides, the bloody thing isn't working for some reason. Everything is hooked in, turned on, set up, ... but no image. I may need a new camera :(

Hey, wait a minute, I don't see a recipe for bunny wings over in the recipes section...Are you holding out on us?

That sounds like an I-don't-like-rabbit-people kind of recipe....yum. I want more sneaky recipes! :)

My way with Bunny Wings is to use the front legs, dip in egg yolk, roll in bread crumb/chili powder/brownsugar/salt/ mixture; egg yolk again; mixture again and then bake the suckers for 20minutes. I think they'd be excellent deep fried, too, but I haven't tried that yet. Basically...you just use your recipe for chicken wings. If you mix your favorite BBQ sauce up with bread crumbs and roll them in that, it works too, I'm told. Just don't mention that they're RABBIT and it's unlikely anyone will figure it out :D

White Wench, er, Momma gave me a turn this morning. She was in her nestbox, frantically digging away at the back end of it. She wasn't GETTING anywhere since it's got a solid bottom, but she sure was trying. So I threw a bunch of hay in the box for her, thinking she wanted a nest. She Hopped out of the box and over to the open cage door and instead of attacking my hand, actually sniffed it and rubbed her chin/head on me. Then she rapidly changed her mind and ran back to the far side of the cage, behind the nestbox...ears flat back. <sigh>

At least she's not a BORING rabbit.....

WELL! She was definitely making a nest of sorts. I went up about 5pm (1.5 hours ago) and there was a pile of fur in the nest. She was laying over on the side of the cage near the food, panting. Some blood on the floor...I peered in the nestbox and saw...SQUIGGLING!! :bananadance2: :clap: :up:

I pawed around a little and found at least 7 (I think) live fat squiggly things and 1 underdeveloped cold stillborn. More blood around than I am used to with Mama-san (the angoras NEVER seem to bleed), but considering the doe is WHITE, it might just be that I can SEE the blood this time on her. 1 that is pink, the others seem to be black (go figure). The doe was clearly unhappy with my being in there, so I didn't stay long. It's not much of a nest, but it's at least IN the nestbox, and it's kinda soft and cuddly. I may add more hay later. Now she just needs to feed the little buggers....Mike will have to pick her up in the morning so I can check for milk. Hmmm....need dandelions and raspberries....must go outside for a bit. :D

Latest posts

Back