Which Software?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KelleyBee

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Before posting this thread, I made a search of this forum and it appears its been a few years since a software question has been posed, so I thought I’d start anew since software offerings, developer updates and lack there of, etc., can contribute to the relevance of a software conversation. That said, as of this writing I am currently using the free demo version of Kintraks. There is more like about it than not. As for Evans, I can’t seem to make it work around the glitch the software has with antivirus software, so I’ve given up trying. I’m also testing the Breeders Assistant software but I’m not sure if the way it displays will work for me over the long haul. What software have you found that meets all of your needs?

I always used Kintracks. It allows for anything I ever needed to record such as photos, pedigrees, weights, printable certificates, show winnings, notes and even the percentage of a particular ancestor contributed to a bloodline. You can record for any species.

I always used Kintracks. It allows for anything I ever needed to record such as photos, pedigrees, weights, printable certificates, show winnings, notes and even the percentage of a particular ancestor contributed to a bloodline. You can record for any species.
I’m using Kintraks, but having problems with arts of the program. I can’t get the photo feature to work at all. Are you using the free ver? am and wondering if this is the problem.

Before posting this thread, I made a search of this forum and it appears its been a few years since a software question has been posed, so I thought I’d start anew since software offerings, developer updates and lack there of, etc., can contribute to the relevance of a software conversation. That said, as of this writing I am currently using the free demo version of Kintraks. There is more like about it than not. As for Evans, I can’t seem to make it work around the glitch the software has with antivirus software, so I’ve given up trying. I’m also testing the Breeders Assistant software but I’m not sure if the way it displays will work for me over the long haul. What software have you found that meets all of your needs?
Rabbit Bookkeeper is amazingly cheap and provides a simple pedigree maker! Works great for me, first month was free and definitely worth it!

I've been using the free spreadsheet based program found here:
Created and Designed by Edelweiss Ranch & Rabbitry © www.EdelweissRanch.com / [email protected]

I wanted to avoid another app and I didn't need pedigrees. I like it and have used it since Dec 2020. I may need to go to an app just for kindling reminders and such. But if anyone likes Excel and you don't need fancy, the price is certainly right!

Wanted to make a comment - I think that whether or not you need pedigrees, and what quality/ease you want for making pedigrees, would be a big factor in what program is best. I only just acquired some rabbits with pedigrees and for now I am using Global Pedigree because that is what the seller was using. Before that, I could not have cared less about making pedigrees.

I have the paid version.
Thank you. I’m still piddling with Kintraks, but there is a lot I’d like that it doesn’t do. The last couple of days I have been designing spreadsheets in excel with formulas to create functions I’m not finding in Kintraks. There is this Everbreed out there, too….used to be called Hutch. I’m peeking at it’s capabilities, too.

I use Everbreed for now, but don't totally love it. You have to pay for the highest level package to have access to ledger tracking and entering your contacts, which I think is around $144 a year or so. Lower levels let you track basics like breedings, litters, gives notifications when to do tasks (put in nest boxes, etc.), print cage cards and pedigrees, and so on, but no ledger to track expenses and no contacts list to track who you've sold to. I've also encountered some bugs along the way, however the developers do seem to try to fix them quickly and are frequently adding new features and improvements, which I like.
The last couple of days I have been designing spreadsheets in excel with formulas to create functions I’m not finding in Kintraks.
I've been working on something in Google Sheets and Forms to try to build my own, too! I'm sort of an Excel nerd, so I'm having fun with it!

I used Kintraks years ago. Then it got glitchy & I lost data
Once I found globalpeigree.com I never looked back.
I have been using since 2013 & I am SO grateful.
When I first started, Jeremy the owner, was available to fix and problems or answer questions in a forum.
Now that he has almost 10,000 users he no longer has the time for that but it's still a GREAT deal.
I paid the LIFETIME membership fee years ago and have TOTALLY found it worth it.
It only costs $20/ a year if you don't want to spend the $125 for a lifetime membership.
It tracks everything.
One of the most fun things is the "possible breeding" feature, which shows you the possible kit color % for any pairing. Of course, it's most accurate if you know the total genotype, but still informative.
Over the tears I have emailed him to ask for him to add things, like the Amber color genotype for Rex.
He has always been helpful.
It's great to be able to search the rabbit database for the more that 223,000 listed there. you can search by "owner" too and then you can message the owner if you want. to discuss a particular rabbit. There are over 9800 members.
Its easy to jump around in the pedigree and to update rabbit weights and save notes on breeding, sales, picctures, etc.
I can't say enough good things about it!
Here is a link if you want to try it free for a month
The Global Pedigree™ Project - Online Rabbit Pedigree Software Program, Rabbit Breeders Herd Management Tools, Worldwide Rabbit Breeding Collaboration

I used Kintraks years ago. Then it got glitchy & I lost data
Once I found globalpeigree.com I never looked back.
I have been using since 2013 & I am SO grateful.
When I first started, Jeremy the owner, was available to fix and problems or answer questions in a forum.
Now that he has almost 10,000 users he no longer has the time for that but it's still a GREAT deal.
I paid the LIFETIME membership fee years ago and have TOTALLY found it worth it.
It only costs $20/ a year if you don't want to spend the $125 for a lifetime membership.
It tracks everything.
One of the most fun things is the "possible breeding" feature, which shows you the possible kit color % for any pairing. Of course, it's most accurate if you know the total genotype, but still informative.
Over the tears I have emailed him to ask for him to add things, like the Amber color genotype for Rex.
He has always been helpful.
It's great to be able to search the rabbit database for the more that 223,000 listed there. you can search by "owner" too and then you can message the owner if you want. to discuss a particular rabbit. There are over 9800 members.
Its easy to jump around in the pedigree and to update rabbit weights and save notes on breeding, sales, picctures, etc.
I can't say enough good things about it!
Here is a link if you want to try it free for a month
The Global Pedigree™ Project - Online Rabbit Pedigree Software Program, Rabbit Breeders Herd Management Tools, Worldwide Rabbit Breeding Collaboration
Thank you for this explanation about globalpedigree.com. I had seen that site, but with being solely an online foundation, I am hesitant. I much prefer my data stored in my house AND a backup somewhere on a cloud. I also prefer continued access without internet service if that were to ever happen. Am I correct in that it is all online based?

Thanks for this thread! I recently acquired two pedigreed H lops and will begin breeding next month... Any software recs for a beginner? I don't need to get overwhelmed but I do want to offer printed pedigrees/certificates.

I use Kintraks, a lot of people use Evans, but I find it overpriced particularly if Canadian, many that I know simply make their own pedigrees, if you have a very small herd that might be the best way to go. Tracking information can be done all sorts of ways on paper.

I have end up just making everything in excel. I haven't decided how to deal with pedigrees just yet. That day is coming soon, tho. I might use kintracks just for the pedigrees and nothing more. The database is too unstable for all the data I wish to collect.

I've been using Kintracks for about twelve years. It's good for a lot of things other than making pedigrees. I find the most useful function to be the level of inbreeding button. I can select a pair and then see how inbred the offspring will be. We're on an island here and getting new blood is quite difficult since to ship in bunnies, I have to have someone on another island go pick them up from the inspection desk and shift them to an inter-island carrier. I can't get direct shipments to my island. So, having the 'coefficient of inbreeding' button lets me breed with a very small gene pool and not end up with inbred rabbits.

I did like the old Kintracks over the newer 'Animal Breeder' software that is now the new Kintracks, but part of that is probably just because I'm used to the older software. I'll look at the Global Pedigree site, though, that may be a good source for getting more breeding stock?

Back