Where to get floor wire

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peanutsgranny

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to meat rabbits. My son built a rabbit hutch for me but used hardware cloth. It is not strong enough as i'm sure you all know. From what I have read I need 16 or 14 gauge wire. Do any of you all have advice on where to get it at ?
Thanks in advance for any help or advice yall can give me !!

This brand is a rabbit breeder favorite for a more expensive but defiantly worth the extra pennies route bass equipment or kw cages
as long as it is galvanized after weld, and at least 16-14 gauge (as you stated) then it should work. I would keep my eye out on amazon, sometimes you can find some decent deals.

This brand is a rabbit breeder favorite for a more expensive but defiantly worth the extra pennies route bass equipment or kw cages
as long as it is galvanized after weld, and at least 16-14 gauge (as you stated) then it should work. I would keep my eye out on amazon, sometimes you can find some decent deals.
A note to add to @jaxmarblebuns' good advice. Wire with 1" x 1/2" openings is what you want, but there is an "up" and a "down" to the 1" x 1/2" wire. When installing the new floor, make sure you have the side that has the 1/2" wire strands facing upwards. The wire being closer together supports the rabbit's feet better by distributing the weight across more area. This can be important for heavy meat rabbits.

I like this coated wire from Amazon. It's expensive but works very well.

Fencer Wire 16 Gauge Black Vinyl Coated Welded Wire Mesh Size 0.5 inch by 1 inch (3 ft. x 50 ft.)

Last edited:
Are you in Washington state by any chance? I opened the tractor supply link you provided and it set my store on the other side of the country. Just trying to figure out if my computer is being dumb or if the location was imbedded in the link.

Are you in Washington state by any chance? I opened the tractor supply link you provided and it set my store on the other side of the country. Just trying to figure out if my computer is being dumb or if the location was imbedded in the link.
Yes i am that was my bad (didn't even think of that oops)

Bass Equipment is an online company--good supply, good price.

Latest posts

Back