Wheat

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason_l_boyd

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info about feeding whole wheat to rabbits? I got some whole oats but after I got home I realized there was some ground corn mixed in. (I'll plant it where I've done some dirt work.) I know I can get some oats and wheat seed mixed and was wondering it it would hurt the rabbits?

I have fed wheat to my rabbits. I don't feed pellets anymore, just a mix of oats, barley, beet pulp, and Black Oil Sunflower Seeds (BOSS). When I rotate dry goods out of our food storage, I feed it to the animals. The rabbits have gotten wheat berries and green split peas so far as a result.

Part of the grain mix I feed to my rabbits is whole wheat. The other parts are oats and barley.

jason_l_boyd":s832xnn8 said:
My rabbits didn't seem too interested in the black sunflower seeds. I might try again.
I feed BOSS only during cold weather. It may be that your rabbits simply don't need it right now.

jason_l_boyd":29vffzj2 said:
My rabbits didn't seem too interested in the black sunflower seeds.

I have one doe that always has a small pile of BOSS under her cage- she spits them out very neatly. :) This is fairly recent behavior. She used to eat them.

Latest posts

Back