What to do with the extra parts from rabbit processing?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never thought of using the guts for catfish bait, great Idea!!!
But I wouldnt waste the liver and kidneys, I am saving those up in the freezer for a fry up.
Im not sure what to do with the head, It seems like alot of waste to throw out.
We just double bag our guts and throw them in the garbage.I think I will always plan my butcher days on Sunday so they guts wont sit in the trash all week.The blood is dumped in a hole and buried.I dont want animals digging in my garden so I havent tried it in there yet.
I tried giving the ears and stuff to the dogs and they wont touch any of it.The cats wouldnt either.But they will eat rabbits they catch themselves(go figure)..

Valentin01":31hjd51m said:
I never thought of using the guts for catfish bait, great Idea!!!
But I wouldnt waste the liver and kidneys, I am saving those up in the freezer for a fry up.
Im not sure what to do with the head, It seems like alot of waste to throw out.
We just double bag our guts and throw them in the garbage.I think I will always plan my butcher days on Sunday so they guts wont sit in the trash all week.The blood is dumped in a hole and buried.I dont want animals digging in my garden so I havent tried it in there yet.
I tried giving the ears and stuff to the dogs and they wont touch any of it.The cats wouldnt either.But they will eat rabbits they catch themselves(go figure)..

I have heard that Raptor centers have a need for rabbit heads so you might contact one in your area.

Or skin them and use them for making bone broth.

Latest posts

Back