What should I feed my 15 week old rex?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bean&Poppy

Reaction score
I got my baby rex when he was 10 weeks and the lady had given me this bag of food she gave her rabbits but now that he’s almost done I wanted to switch him over to the same brand my Netherland dwarf uses, but I’m not sure if I should just give him the adult rabbit food or stick with the young rabbit food till he’s older? I had a holland loo who I got was 4 months and I gave him the adult pellets right away and he was fine! Would it matter if it was adult or young food?

Either is fine, the younger food is going to contain more alfalfa for growing. An adult rabbit shouldn't have all that as it will make them gain weight fast, which effects breeding and increases the chances of heat stroke.

Well, imo those special foods are mostly marketing, my kits just eat what the old ones eat - since they get their first set of gut bacteria from their dam that's what they can digest best. Unless your goal is to get them to butcher weight asap i see no need to switch foods or give special "young rabbit stuff". Rabbits evolved on a meager diet, the fastest possible grow rate isn't necessarily the most healthy one - see chicken.
There's a lot of money to be made in the pet market, and special food with words like Science, Natural, Selected, and so on thrown in are a way to do that.

Switch the food gradually, mix the new food with the old one gradually to get him used to the change.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back