What sex are these 1 day olds?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a7736100

Reaction score
DSCN1687.JPGDSCN1688.JPG
DSCN1690.JPGDSCN1690.JPGDSCN1695.JPGDSCN1690.JPGDSCN1690.JPG
Sorry about the duplicate pictures. I don't know how to use this software. It's only 2 babies. One with a dirty foot and one with clean feet.

Last edited:
Unfortunately you can’t sex babies until they are at least three weeks old. Once they are, you can press down just above their anus and their genitals should “pop” out. If there is a hole at the end of the protrusion, it is a male. If there is a slit/line at the end of the protrusion, it is a female. Hope that helps!

You can sex them as early as your skills allow. Just keep in mind that when they're only a couple of days old you really need to be gentle. Personally, I wouldn't try on kits as small as those. I'd wait till about 2 weeks then press gently on both sides of the protruding bits. The pressure will make the inner parts pop out enough to tell if the opening is round or a slit. Be forewarned that many experienced breeders have had their kits visited by the sex change fairy so check again in another week or two.

you either have four bucks and one doe, or vice versa from what I can tell. the pics aren't the best for telling with.

Latest posts

Back