what price

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarai

Reaction score
i raise meat mutts as an expirament and i want to start over with predagreed Rex bunnies
right now i have some at $25 and some at $20 i got 9 for $40 and breed them to get these mutsrabbits 10.jpgrabbits 3.jpgrabbits 11.jpgrabbits 8.jpgrabbits 2.jpg

those are some of my muts
do ya think i should lower or raise my price any i thaught it was fair :oops: :oops: :oops:

If you feel your price is fair, why are you asking if it should be lower?
Did someone tell you the price was too high, or are they just not selling?

It never hurts to start by posting a higher price, and then lower it if you have to.

It's really just a matter of your local market.

Where I live, I'd be lucky to get $20 for a mutt rabbit with no special qualities. My local classifieds are full of $5-$10 bunnies. BUT, I won't sell lower than that because people have a way of mistreating "cheap" animals.

So, when I raise anything that wouldn't do well on the pet or show market, I actually feel better about sending them to freezer camp than lowering my price.

not selling and mine are very human friendly so that's why i sell them at $20-$25
most want them as pets
i used to sell them at $15 but rabbits are selling more and more so i raised my prise
honestly i would buy them at $25

In order to get good pet prices, it helps to take really cute pictures. Try taking them out of the cages and setting them up against nice backgrounds with seasonal props, perhaps also try touching them or hand feeding them in the pics so that people can see how friendly they are.

Zass":31ov47k3 said:
In order to get good pet prices, it helps to take really cute pictures. Try taking them out of the cages and setting them up against nice backgrounds with seasonal props, perhaps also try touching them or hand feeding them in the pics so that people can see how friendly they are.

Would definitely agree with Zass. Selling mutts, it is definitely hard to get much for them no matter how friendly they are. It seems people would rather buy a pedigreed $150 bunny, then a super cheap, and super friendly mutt. Focusing on the aesthetics of your pictures is a good way to sell for a higher price and make your rabbits seem "Better Quality."

Mini Lop Fan":19xifu2a said:
Zass":19xifu2a said:

Would definitely agree with Zass. Selling mutts, it is definitely hard to get much for them no matter how friendly they are. It seems people would rather buy a pedigreed $150 bunny, then a super cheap, and super friendly mutt. Focusing on the aesthetics of your pictures is a good way to sell for a higher price and make your rabbits seem "Better Quality."

Put them in mugs! keeps them still/safe and very cute! I've had the best luck with little kids holding babies, mugs, grass, and little baskets. Price my pets at $20, litter normally 7, and sell out in a week

Latest posts

Back