What Do You Think

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buknee

Bella Rose Rabbitry
Reaction score
I am so excited. I just purchased 3 beautiful otters. Their fur is amazing and they are great size. I was even more thrilled when I entered their information into my pedigree system and learned that their line contains LOTS of legs. Their great grand Dam has 21 legs.

The photos are not that great. We are still in Montana where we picked them up. I will get better pictures once back home. I just had to share my treasures. Did I say I was excited! LOL

I do have a question: I was told there are no opal otters. Is that true? If so, what color do I consider her?

Attachments

• 20230228_183713.jpg
    20230228_183713.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230228_183750.jpg
    20230228_183750.jpg
    982.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230228_183845.jpg
    20230228_183845.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
So not sure if it's my computer but it looks like you have a black, chocolate and Blue otters. But I'm not sure if the chocolate is really just odd lighting on a black.

So not sure if it's my computer but it looks like you have a black, chocolate and Blue otters. But I'm not sure if the chocolate is really just odd lighting on a black.
Yes, black, chocolate, but the third one looks opal. So is she a blue?

I am so excited. I just purchased 3 beautiful otters. Their fur is amazing and they are great size. I was even more thrilled when I entered their information into my pedigree system and learned that their line contains LOTS of legs. Their great grand Dam has 21 legs.

The photos are not that great. We are still in Montana where we picked them up. I will get better pictures once back home. I just had to share my treasures. Did I say I was excited! LOL

I do have a question: I was told there are no opal otters. Is that true? If so, what color do I consider her?
They are gorgeous!!!! (y) Congratulations! So exciting!

Opal is the Rex name for a blue agouti (as castor is the name for black agouti, amber is the name for chocolate agouti and lynx is the name for lilac agouti). So there's no opal otter. Otter (which is a pattern, like agouti and self are) comes in the four basic colors of black and its dilute, blue; and chocolate and its dilute, lilac. So if she looks blue (no ring color), she is a blue otter.

It's hard to tell, but in the middle photo she seems like she might be almost pale enough to be a lilac otter (though it could just be the power of suggestion since she's next to the chocolate). In the photo with the black otter in front, her head looks more like a blue otter.

What does her pedigree say?

Here are a blue otter rex and a lilac otter mini rex for comparison (images from Pictures of Colors)
1677661203910.png 1677661066095.png

Latest posts

Back