What do you think of the rabbits' new cage? pictures!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I decided to house them together after all! They were/ are getting a long and having 2 cages was kind of a hard job. The cage is 56" wide x 84" long and 42" high and the second level is 56" wide x 48" long, is there anything I should improve on? Change? Fix? I'm open to any ideas I may be unaware of. I know my rabbits may be able to jump out of the top but they seem alright, so I'll keep a close eye on them. Also, on the second level I have a rug for traction because I underestimated how slippery the stick on tiles are, but it's a bit long so I folded it for now until I think of a better alternative. Some of the pictures are upside down! Sorry!

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 657
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 657
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 657
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 657
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 657
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 657
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 657
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 657
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 657
Wow! What breed do you have? Can they jump out if they are on the upper shelf? I'm assuming they are litter trained? How many rabbits will be living in this setup? Looks pretty cool!

Thank you! Currently two rabbits are living in there, 1 is only 3 months but they are getting a long but I am planning on spaying her at 5 months or something. The other is a male and he is neutered and has been for almost a full year. They are holland lops! But my male, I adopted from a rescue, and he is like 4.5lbs (roughly, I will have to go to the vet and get him weighed soon) and my female is a little over 2lbs and is also a holland lop so she will be on the bigger side as well - possibly since she is already OVER 2lbs at 10/11 weeks of age, possibly even more now.

They can not jump out of the top, well I guess they CAN since the shelf is 18" off the ground however they haven't tried - but I will still keep on eye on them for sure. But when I had just one rabbit I had his shelf at 18" off the ground and he never tried to jump out, so I'm just watching them for now! And yes both are litter trained, sometimes they poop outside of it (not very often though) but they urinate in their litter boxes! After I move I want to add another rabbit to the group, but 3 rabbits may be pushing it in that cage, but who knows, I could make it bigger when I move! But I think 2 is good for now :)
Here are some pictures of them!

Attachments

• photo 4 copy.JPG
    photo 4 copy.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 629
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 629
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 629
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 629
Very cool cage and adorable rabbits! I love the colors you have for the room. So fun and bright :D

I think it looks wonderful, and there is plenty of room for two rabbits.

I would recommend putting a few items in there for "hiding places", so as your new rabbit matures if they get into any disagreements there are places they get get out of sight of one another.

You could use the two halves of a pet crate, plastic totes with doors cut out, or cardboard tubes which you may be able to get from carpet outlets.

Your Holland Lops are super cute and I love their cage. I too, have hexpen cages for some of mine and love it. I don't tend to have issues with them getting out either. But every now and then............ One will decide to go for a bit of a walk about. lol

Thank you :D! Good point, I will add a few hiding spaces for them. Thank you :) Ha yeah there was like one or 2 incidents where my male tried to jump out (before I made this but the shelf was at the same height) but he couldn't do it and he hasn't done it in a long time, but I still am aware that he is capable of trying so I'm still a bit worried but yeah :D

A 4-6" strip of coroplast or something similar around the top will be enough to keep them inside, like the tops of chainlink fences.

Back