What do you say about these two kits?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dimplz

Rabbit Centric Fool
Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Parents known genotypes

Sire = AaB_cchl_DdEsE
Dam = aaB_C_D_ee

One fits the description of a regular chestnut to a tee. The other fits the description, only without ear lacing.

Insight would be helpful here. Are they both chestnuts?

Attachments

• 20230428_224023.jpg
    20230428_224023.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230419_160742.jpg
    20230419_160742.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Parents known genotypes

Sire = AaB_cchl_DdEsE
Dam = aaB_C_D_ee

One fits the description of a regular chestnut to a tee. The other fits the description, only without ear lacing.

Insight would be helpful here. Are they both chestnuts?
The both look like chestnut to me, especially if they are the same two kits in both photos. Black ear lacing, like most of the agouti "trim," can be quite variable, as can the relative amount of black ticking to brown coloration. I can't see their bellies, but both have the lighter inner ear and ear circles of an agouti; the kit on the right in the first photo / bottom kit in second photo just seems to have gotten heavier ticking overall.

The both look like chestnut to me, especially if they are the same two kits in both photos. Black ear lacing, like most of the agouti "trim," can be quite variable, as can the relative amount of black ticking to brown coloration. I can't see their bellies, but both have the lighter inner ear and ear circles of an agouti; the kit on the right in the first photo / bottom kit in second photo just seems to have gotten heavier ticking overall.
They are the same two kits in both pics. I thought they were both chestnuts, but the missing lacing threw me. They both have the same lighter colored underbelly too.

I bred my STS to my Cinnamon black tort because so many people kept telling me that my sts was Ese, or EsEs. I did not believe them because when I breed him to my AmChin doe, I get both full extension and steels. So my guess was he is EsE. I confirmed that with this litter. The kits are either Ese or Ee in this litter.

Latest posts

Back