what colour is this?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brody

Reaction score
mostlyblackbaby.jpg

I'll post more pictures as they (very slowly) upload .. and huge apologies for size - I can't resize

Go Dial Up Go Dial Up<br /><br />__________ Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:03 pm __________<br /><br />
littlebabyhimi.jpg

maybe himi?? is that right? is there something that that is white with darker nose and ears

white guy is a himmy. I can recognize those now. looks like a "blue" himmy
lighter nose and ears (black himmy have black ear tips and nose...or very dark)

ETA: I believe I may be...ack...wrong on the himmy thing. Apparently he has brown eyes and white feet. Others have pointed out that he's probably a pointed something in that case. sigh.

top guy...white belly? when you separate the wool, what color is the root?

first baby again

sillyblackbabyinbowl.jpg
<br /><br />__________ Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:13 pm __________<br /><br />root hair is grey/black everywhere - under the black hair on top and under white belly

I have heard black silver martin before for him too
and pointed for bunny 2

they turned 3 weeks old yesterday ...

does he have a silver triangle behind his head? if so, I'd think black silver marten

The other...I'll go with himi or possibility a frosty

Then I would definitely say black silver marten. I'm not sure of another color that would be even close to what your photos show.

I knew he had to be some cool colour - the stripes looked like they went right up the front of "his" legs for awhile ..

hehehe<br /><br />__________ Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:05 am __________<br /><br />http://www.njwrc.net/varietypics.htm

here's a cool site showing jersy wooly colours ...

I'm going to say Niobe is also a black silver marten though his markings are much lass dramatic than this little fellow

Beautiful popples, Brody! I always hesitate to post on colour discussions because I get so confused. :stars: The colour names seem to vary from breed to breed and heaven knows what ones I should use for my mutts. ;) But yes, that dark one does look like a Silver Marten even to my amateur eye. :)

Wasn't there a cafe au lait kit with darker ears and nose? It was in the foreground of one of the pics. Gorgeous little thing. What colour would we call it? I suppose it is a Himi of some sort... reminded me of a seal-point Siamese cat. :)

yah - thats the little white guy - I'll have to try to get better pictures of him/her - I suspect it's a blue point now that I'be looked and MK and others have weighed in ....

there is a third kit - a grey so I think in rabbit speak thats chinchilla in this case- like MOM

Back