What Colour Is She ?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniquilts

Reaction score

I hope I uploaded the photo the right way. I was wondering what colour she may be. Her mother was the same colour as her and her daddy was a REW.

ladysown, you can click on the pic and see a bigger version. I think chocolate or lilac? Lilac is dilute chocolate, so it isn't as deep of a brown, is it not? :?

MamaSheepdog":9oqjyxwb said:
ladysown, you can click on the pic and see a bigger version. I think chocolate or lilac? Lilac is dilute chocolate, so it isn't as deep of a brown, is it not? :?

Actually Sistah, although Lilac is dilute of chocolate, it is NOT brown...it is a soft grey with a pinkish tinge....like this...

March 30 2012 051.jpg

The OP's rabbit is Chocolate...and it has a dove grey undercoat....like this...

IMG_0023.jpg

Thank you- I would like to see our blues and lilacs next to each other... perhaps you need to bring me one! :p

MamaSheepdog":3maxzsrg said:
Thank you- I would like to see our blues and lilacs next to each other... perhaps you need to bring me one! :p

Well, I *would* but I only have the one right now....and I am being selfish and keeping her! :lol: But, you could get some from the ones I bring you, since the parents carry for Lilac...they might as well....

Thank you for all of the replies, how would one go about breeding a lilac? If I put her with a blue male would that create lilac?

miniquilts":27gxn8ua said:
Thank you for all of the replies, how would one go about breeding a lilac? If I put her with a blue male would that create lilac?

Lilac does not result from Blue, it comes from Chocolate.

Lilac is the dilute of Chocolate
Blue is the dilute of Black

Your best bet is to breed her to a Lilac or a Chocolate that carries dilute (lilac)

What breed is she?

She is a mixed breed meat mutt ( rex & ??)- 3 months old 4lbs. I will have to hunt around for a good sized lilac male. The bucks I have are a California and a Chestnut Augouti Rex x Lop.Out of the last 2 litters I am thinking about keeping either a blue male or a black male that has white toes on his front feet :) I am striving to produce colourful meat mutts.

miniquilts":2k3bt1ay said:
She is a mixed breed meat mutt ( rex & ??)- 3 months old 4lbs. I will have to hunt around for a good sized lilac male. The bucks I have are a California and a Chestnut Augouti Rex x Lop.Out of the last 2 litters I am thinking about keeping either a blue male or a black male that has white toes on his front feet :) I am striving to produce colourful meat mutts.

Where are you located...I just *happen* to have a cutie pie lilac buck...Cal/Rex cross.... :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back