What Color Are These Steampunk Rabbits?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbits by Accident

Reaction score
I have two brothers like this, and I don't know their heritage. Is this a specific kind of rabbit? Their father looked similar, but not exactly like this. The definition is getting stronger and darker. It's really neat because the black part of their face sticks out farther than the brown. These are older photos, I'll take new ones tomorrow, to show how strongly the coloration is progressing.

Is there a breed like this? or does this coloration have a name? or are they just weird steampunk rabbits??

01111_8p4Vtoyqrg3z_0i90oc_600x450.jpg

00w0w_7tSIxGoB8dhz_0oc0i9_600x450.jpg

Cinnamon is a breed that only comes in one variety - tort - but lots of other breeds come in that variety too, so the color is not great evidence of Cinnamon ancestry. Cinnamons are black tort; your bunny looks like a blue tort. Compare the ear colors between your rabbit and the Cinnamon.

I
Cinnamon is a breed that only comes in one variety - tort - but lots of other breeds come in that variety too, so the color is not great evidence of Cinnamon ancestry. Cinnamons are black tort; your bunny looks like a blue tort. Compare the ear colors between your rabbit and the Cinnamon.
I need to add a 'tag line' that unless I'm asking about a specific thing, just "please don't take me seriously - I'm probably kidding" LOL. Besides we already ate him. I have to say, his father (who incidentally looked just like a cinnamon rabbit) was a real pain in the tush. Very unpleasant rabbit, and his genes seemed to be rather dominant LOL ... so he was tasty. (His name was actually "Bob" as in "kabob" because we could tell that was where he was headed)

Back