What breed, please help! Seller didn't provide pedigree.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kàåáy

Reaction score
Craigslist buck now named BB. Just picked BB up and I can't recall what they had said he was. He was said to come with a pedigree but the seller hasn't responded; it was a moving sale discussed buying bees to motorcycles. I assume they are very busy.

Picture 1:
BB-20211106_004454.jpg

Picture 2:
BB-20211106_004229.jpg

thanks,
Kay

Hes gorgeous! Did the sellere ever get back to you?

Hes gorgeous! Did the sellere ever get back to you?
the seller did respond; so far only about buying more stuff. I do not have a place yet for bees lol.

BB's temperament is great; think he is only ~5 months. It is going to be exciting to mix him with my silver does next spring.

Craigslist buck now named BB. Just picked BB up and I can't recall what they had said he was. He was said to come with a pedigree but the seller hasn't responded; it was a moving sale discussed buying bees to motorcycles. I assume they are very busy.

Picture 1:
View attachment 28135

Picture 2:
View attachment 28136

thanks,
Kay
I haven't seen a self blue outside the Flemish so I can't help too much. I've not seen his body shape before but he is Gorgeous!!!

i wouldn't count on getting a pedigree after the sale. So often sellers don't follow through. As to what breed, it's anyone's guess. Doesn't really like like an American blue to me having met them in person.

Haven't received an actual pedigree but did get a response that BB should be mixed American Blue / Siverfox / French Angora.

Looks something like an (alleged) blue NZ mutt I had. At the end of the day mutts are just that, though.
It is possible they'd have a pedigree (it's just record keeping). You couldn't use it to show him though, since the pedigree would prove the rabbit isn't pure bred. And besides, when more than two breeds are in the mix, it isn't much of anything in particular anymore, imho.

My 'New Zealand' mutt (allegedly had Rex and Holland lop in the mix, but she was awfully small):
IMG_20201228_132937_5.jpg

IMG_20201228_133055_3.jpg

Latest posts

Back